unable to detect Sim card Samsung Galaxy S4

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

unable to detect Sim card Samsung Galaxy S4

mmy samsung galaxy S4 says that my simcard is not working. there is no damage to the phone or simcard but it will not detect it

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: unable to detect Sim card Samsung Galaxy S4

Hello @vandevele1654

Have you tried the sim card on another phone to see if the sim card is working? Try that and see. If it works then it's the sim card slot in the device that has a issue. If the device is not in warranty then unfortunately it will cost to fix it
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi,

I just switched to rogers today, i have an unlocked samsung galaxy s4 on which i can use videotron and fido sim cards without any problem but when I put my new Rogers Sim card or any other Rogers SIM card, it does not detect it at all: No SIM card.

I tried to reboot several Times, to put a paper on top of the sim card without any luck.

Any idea would help.

thank you

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi ! Did you find a solution ? I have the exact same problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that I unlocked. I was with Telus. When I insert a Bell sim card, everything works, but the sim card from Rogers doesn't...  It keeps saying, NO SIM CARD. When I scan the networks with my Telus sim card in, I can see those 4 networks :  Telus, Bell, Videotron and EXT... I can't see Rogers network... I tried adding the Rogers APN, but no luck...

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Monin, I found a temporary solution:

First test is to reboot your phone by applying pressure just below the flash light at the back of the phone (where the SD card slot is). I was able to finally detect my rogers sim card for a little while but then it does not find it anymore but you stop the pressure and have to reboot.

Then, I opened the back of the phone, I cut a small piece of plastic from an old credit card and taped it where I had to make pressure so that the sim is detected.

This worked for me for sometime but then, the phone was getting very hot and rebooted too many times so I had to buy another phone when they were in promotion.

Good luck.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thx for the fast reply. I tried to put pressure on the sim card tray, but no luck with that :S  It's weird because my telus and my bell sim cards are detected without any problems... I guess it's time for me to get a new phone... 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Same here, videotron and Fido sim cards worked without any problem, but evey rogers sim card were not detected.

I tried to make pressure several times without any luck until I found the right spot and timing.

Good luck with your problem, it is frustrating!