the port forwarding of CGN2-ROG seems not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

the port forwarding of CGN2-ROG seems not working

I got a CGN2-ROG router from rogers, I'm trying to host a game server which requires to port forward these ports: 

27000-27015 UDP

1200 UDP

27020-27039 TCP

I've already correctly set up my port forwarding rules, but the port checker websites always say these ports are closed or the connection refused, I know it's somehow working, because when I disable the port forwarding feature in router, then these websites would say connection timed out instead of connection refused.

Any way to solve this? Thanks!

***edited labels***

I'm Here A Lot

Re: the port forwarding of CGN2-ROG seems not working

I see what happened, Rogers doesn't allow me to host any server unless I use their Business package which is too expensive for me, guess I'll just give up

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

well not per say.

The Hitron, seems to be REALLY picky about what ports it allows to be forwarded from all accounts that i have read.

You can host something.. i host my own small web server and ftp server for testing purposes.. and they forward FINE.

But not with the hitron.  If you can try to switch it for an SMC or CISCO one.

I'm Here A Lot

Oh, thanks for your reply, but can you tell me how is this router not working with those ports? Because I used to have SMC and CISCO, and I failed to port forward them neither, then I found they disconnects time to time, thus I asked them to swtich to Hitron one.

I believe I read it in terms & conditions that Rogers doesn't allow any kind of server hosting, I can still open port 80 though, so can you test it for me that if you can open 27015 UDP and 25565 TCP ports on your router, please? I will consider switch a new router if you can forward those ports, thanks!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have the smc.
Not having the game, no real easy way to check 100%

Changed my FTP server over to the tcp ports, and forwarding to match.

All of them connected and port checked ok from some sites.
Setting as udp, it would not go, but that makes Sense as its the wrong protocol. Did some double checking, and udp often won't respond to pings, so many checking sites might not be able to contact it ok.

I was helping a user a few months ago, who did have issues with setting some game servers up, so still could be Rogers. But basic tcp forwarding, at least on the smc will work.

Could be worse, tried doing it on my accountants bell gateway, couldn't even get port 80 to work properly 😞

I'm Here A Lot

A TechXpert guy did a lot of tweaking and told me that it's something wrong with the router's firmware, then he turned router into a modem(bridge mode) now the port forwarding is working and I can host a server, but wireless function is disabled so I just bought a new D-Link router, then new problem comes, the port forwarding is not working again!!! OMG

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Turning the modem into bridged mode, effectively turns it off and into a modem only.

So then you had it hard wired to your machine and it worked? Since there is no routing, this makes sense.

Once adding the dlink, you added in all the forwarding in it then?

I'm Here A Lot

Yes, I have rogers techXpert solving this problem right now
I've Been Here Awhile

What was the outcome of this?  I just called Rogers for the same problem and they said I have to pay a fee for a tech expert to address this problem.  How is this possible?!  The issue is a known glitch so how could they conciously ask to pay a fee?  Just update the firmware already, Rogers!

I've Been Here Awhile

Justin addition to my previous note... Asked for manager before going to tech expert. Basically Rogers is not acknowledging any known issues with the Hitron but I was advised the only way to get port forwarding to work on this particular router was to put it in Bridged mode. So much for that!