texting downtown toronto problems (today)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

texting downtown toronto problems (today)

Has anyone had any issues with text messaging today between 4:20pm and 5:30pm? 

I had non stop problems sending messages from my BB9900 during that time. 

-if it helps, I was by the ACC for the most part.

******* Edit labels ********

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: texting downtown toronto problems (today)

Yes on my torch 9860 i had the same issue as well but i was in Scarborough. IT was telling me the text was not able to be sent with a X red mark on the side.

I am thinking maybe they had a technical problem in which they fixed because now it works.
I Plan to Stick Around

Ah!  Bastards haha. I kept getting the "x" and some other message about network failure. Hopefully it was a very temporary problem

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hopefully. I was really pissed because i was sending some important text messages to someone & yet he could not receive them. I was stuck emailing what i needed to tell him. BBM & everything else was working just fine. Just texting was down.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, whatever it was I hope they fixed it! Was very frustrated myself. My buddy was coming down from Kitchener and we were to meet up at the ACC! Fortunately no problems calling him, as texting did not work.

I've Been Around

Well its' not just the texting, but internet also was down till this morning and then the TV or rogers on demand went down.

Was disappointed that they provided no notifcation yet fully aware of the situation or evena  web posting.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

There appeared to be a temporary issue with BIS (and apparently texting, too).

All appears to be back to normal now.  🙂

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello BillJ

It was both BIS and Rogers. They both had issues last night.

That is true. Everything seems to be back to normal now:)!
Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation