cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching from bb to ipone

woodsy123
I've Been Around

I currently have rogers blackberry and purchased a used iphone which is unlocked. When i put my sim card in it says it isn't compatible and that i need a new sim card.. Is this because i have a bb and need a special card for iphone? Any advice on this topic would be appreciated.

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: switching from bb to ipone

dnavia
I Plan to Stick Around
if the phone is unlocked, any rogers sim card should work. If your sure it's unlocked, you can go to a rogers store and see if you can swap your sim out for a newer one and see if that does the trick. good luck
I am a Rogers employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Rogers mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Rogers ou d’une société de son groupe.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor
The same sim card should work in theory.. Make sure the contacts on the card are clean. You may need a new card which you should be able to pick up at a rogers store. Then they can switch your number to it or you can do it yourself on the my rogers website.

athtsak
I've Been Around

You don't need anyhting special as I just did the same thing, as I gave up on my BB Torch, I too got a used iPhone 3GS and all I did is swap in my sim and all is working great, from a Rogers BB to a Rogers iPhone that is, maybe the phone is not really unlocked? 

dnavia
I Plan to Stick Around
if the phone is unlocked, any rogers sim card should work. If your sure it's unlocked, you can go to a rogers store and see if you can swap your sim out for a newer one and see if that does the trick. good luck
I am a Rogers employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Rogers mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Rogers ou d’une société de son groupe.
Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation