swap BB Bold for iPhone 4

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

swap BB Bold for iPhone 4

I have a BB Bold 9780 and my wife has a curve, both on a family plan.

I want to trade my Bold for an iphone 4. 

Can I simply swap phones and keep everything else the same? Plan, phone number etc...

I understand I'll need a new SIM card for the iPhone and I think I can still keep the same number with the new SIM card.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: swap BB Bold for iPhone 4

Hello melbri,

Welcome to the Rogers community,

Buying a new sim card would be the required task here. Once you get the new sim card; the store clerk should be able to activate the card on your account. If not you can always call our customer service at 1-866-931-3282. They will be able to assign your new sim card to your previous wireless number.

Your current Iphone plan should be compatible to work on the Iphone 4

I hope this helps,  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello melbri,

Welcome to the Rogers community,

Buying a new sim card would be the required task here. Once you get the new sim card; the store clerk should be able to activate the card on your account. If not you can always call our customer service at 1-866-931-3282. They will be able to assign your new sim card to your previous wireless number.

Your current Iphone plan should be compatible to work on the Iphone 4

I hope this helps,  

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks RogersJonathon, is there anyway to change my phone with Rogers to an iPhone? Give back my bold, take an iPhone, keep my contract, pay a fee or something
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Melbri,

I suggest you contact our customer service departement at 1-866-931-3282. They will be able to advise what they can do to address your inquiry.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

rogers doesnt buy back your old phones, what they really want to do is lock you in on another contract, just obtain the iphone from elsewhere and sell your blackberry to pay for it, then pop in your sim and your good

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

That's what I am trying to do, unfortunately people only want to spend $200 on the bold, which means I would be out $200 when exiting my contract.  Trying to find someone to trade phones.  Guess I'm stuck with the bold for awhile.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

If your still looking to trade, we may be able to work something out. I have an Iphone 4, less than 4 months old, looking to go back to a Bold Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

What if you wanna swap an Iphone 4 to BB bold 9780? What would you have to do in that situation? And would the plan change or stay the same? Please respond back
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi Arcos5,

You require a specific Blackberry data plan if using a Blackberry as well as a micro sim. I recommend speaking with customer care at 1866-931-3282 to have this resolved.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ending up selling the bold and purchasing a new iPhone from Apple.  Replaced the SIM card, no problems.  No changes to the plan.