speed vs bandwidth: give us a choice

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: speed vs bandwidth: give us a choice

Its part of the forum rules.

This is a rogers forum.. and not the place to discuss the other competitors price plans, etc

They are a PRIVATE forum.. comopared there are 3rd party non associated sites to do this on.

Really, the most you will ever get as an answer here, would be that they will pass the messgage on internally.  The people who man the boards, are just the social team.  The people who make the decisions on price, etc, dont access the forums themselves/reply.

Again, hopefully we see a change soon!
(i am using the unlimited until then.  But i also have TV, etc. so its not as big of an expense for it as an addon)

I Plan to Stick Around

I feel I should bump my own thread just to keep this in the minds of the Directors at cable master control.  

Signed yours truly,

a dedicated (or stubborn) Rogers customer.

Woman Sad

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Been reading this whole thread. NOT ONCE has anybody mentioned that, up until the past so many years, ALL ROGERS INTERNET PLANS WERE UNLIMITED.

Nobody has questioned WHY, all of a sudden, were the imposition of BRUTALLY OPPRESSIVE data caps by Rogers necessary.

I'll leave the rest for you guys to figure out..........Unless of course  you think tossing Rogers $30 a month for Unlimited is a REAL DEAL (yea right!)

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Hogwash wrote:

Been reading this whole thread. NOT ONCE has anybody mentioned that, up until the past so many years, ALL ROGERS INTERNET PLANS WERE UNLIMITED.

Go back to the first page and go to about the 5th post down! It is summed up very nicely!

I Plan to Stick Around

bump.
I'm a Regular

Well get ready for bad news because Roger is increasing the price for over usage bandwidth from $1.50 to $2.00 in Nov.,  I am angry about this of course.  

btw  Does anyone know if you can add extra GB to your plan and for how much?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You USED to be able to add a 20g, etc addon to it before..  dont think thats possible anymore (at least they dont advertise it).

Depending on what products/services you have, likely cheaper to pay the $10-30 for the unlimited addon, vs paying the overages.

(depending on what you go over, etc)

I'm a Regular

I'd have to pay $30 extra as I don't have their phone.  Highest I think I payed for over usage was $8 I believe and I don't usually go over often at all but that's because I know I can't,I always have to watch out and I hate it soo much because I'm missing out on high quality vidoes and I'm not about to buy their phone to get $10 unlimited internet and defeintly not $30.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.. if you were going $20+ a month regularily in overages.. it would probably be worth it, and be able to then do the higher quality videos,etc.
(a friends of mine, regularily was paying the MAX for overages..did like 700g a month on average.  he was estatic to pay $30 for unlimited :P)

Personaly, i think it should be 10 or 15 flat fee, no matter what you have to add it on...

For me, who was normaly like you, going maybe just a few dollars over a month, the $10 was a no brainer for me, since i do have the other services.

I've Been Here Awhile

Sit down on a couch and watch a bunch of iTV or Netflix without worrying about internet data! that is exactly what we all want. So please Rogers give us Unlimited Bandwitdh with our over price monthly Internet Service.