speed vs bandwidth: give us a choice

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: speed vs bandwidth: give us a choice

@Pauly wrote:
don't forget, its not always about who is cheaper, ive had nothing but headaches with those "discount" resellers that people like to big up about, you must also rememer, companies that cut costs means they can cut costs anywhere in their business including cutting customer service, if companies do this you will have an awfull experiene, i dunno about you but i dont want to wait 3-5 months for a resolution when ive been billed twice for my internet and mind you these re-sellers charge you a year upfront, so imagine a whole year times two, and waiting 5 months for a resolution when they inadvertingly bill you errorously twice, whitch DOES happen, and it happens often, just read up on the net and you will see, im not trying to Defend rogers here but im happy to say they DO offer great levels of support that I'm HAPPY to pay a little more for my service knowing i will get service when ever and where ever i need it and one thing important, to talk to a live human being who actually lives in canada two.

Wow, it is amazing that no matter what is posted, you have experience with it. Anyway, TekSavvy follows a standard billing procedure: "Unless otherwise agreed to by you and us, we will bill you monthly."

http://www.teksavvy.com/en/why-teksavvy/policies/terms-and-conditions

Also, do you have any factual evidence regarding support offered by TekSavvy?  You talk about great levels of support from Rogers but call Rogers and you push about 8 different buttons on your phone and if you are lucky you might get to the right department and only have to wait about 20 minutes (on a good day). When eventually you get to the right department, all you get are the same regurgitated lines like - "no one else has reported that problem", "reboot your modem/digital box", "clear your cache" and the list goes on. Often times it is total frustration. When Rogers actually hires CSRs that actually know what they are talking about and you do not have wait an inordinate amount of time, I will be impressed with their level of service!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

go on dslreports and read some of the reviews about teksaavy, once again im not here to defend rogers, ive had my share of issues, but i also have been in this industry long before you were even born, i know people in almost all the majour companies and have worked with them at one point in my life, im not here to defend rogers, teksavvy is a good company, but there is ALWAYS something different about the competition, thats why they exist, they can not offer exactly the same level of service its impossible, they have cheaper costs, and they cut services from some areas to lower their prices, its a known fact, even the other company that starts with an aca and ends with a nack does the same thing, good customer service costs money, if ur getting a good deal thats too good to be true, it probably is,  and im telling you i had an experience where i was charged double and it did infact take 5 mos to resolve, however if i was with rodgers im sure it would have been resolved in under 5 days, thats the difference and id be HAPPY to pay a little more knowing this.

I've Been Here Awhile

I live in the country and am a Rocket hub - my only choice - I am allowed 3gb of a data a month - if I had 80gb I'd be in heaven - did I mention that my bill is 100+ for my 3gb.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is the unfortunate part of it when it's the only choice. Look at cellular plans, they are the same (sine the rocket hub is really just a cell phone with data only). Their data plans are often very low.

I'm guessing the 100+ is from overages? I thought there was at least a 5g plan for them.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Well, aren't you the lucky one 101! I have neither speed nor bandwidth with rogers. It is more like Get The **bleep** Out And Push speed and I am lucky if I can stay connected to the internet for more than on 24 hour period at a time - today I am lucky it I get this message done and sent and find I am still connected. Technicians here today all afternoon and early evening and still no resolution - ongoing for over two years now. They keep promising and giving me deals to stay with them and yes, I was stupid enough to lock myself in for yet another two years and put up with this crap. I just lost yet another job (I work online from home) and that brings the sum total now to over $500.00 smackers so far since July of this year! Wish me luck and good luck with making any requests to rogers for speed or bandwith choices.

If anyone wants to ask me, I will actually list the problems I've had with rogers over the last two years as I am sure I am not the only one who has been violated so badly and I am currently in the process of collecting names to take some kind of action against this corporation who wants our money but does not provide services as promised.

One very unhappy customer

Add

I Plan to Stick Around

Bump.

I Plan to Stick Around

I see the post for "Terrible Data Caps" is getting very long, and thought I'd ask again since i just renewed my anual agreement with Rogers: has anyone heard Rogers say they can compensate you for a low data cap with a lower speed in return for more data?  

This is all I ask, just a simple yes or no from a CSR: yes we can compensate you if speed is not your main concern, here have 40 or 60extra gb per month in return for lower speeds.  Think of the buzz that would generate and the new customers!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I'd sure like that. I have Rogers Lite and it is plenty fast for me but I wouldn't mind an extra 20-40 gb.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A CSR wouldnt be able to give you that answer.. they dont make the decisions.

Current, what plans that are available, are the ones available.

One option could be, to LOWER the plan setting (therfore the speed), and play for the unlimited addon?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I think what _0101_ was asking for was just some extra bandwidth with the lower speed. Not unlimited bandwidth. Like I mentioned in the above post keep the speed I have now just adding 20-40 gb extra to my existing pklan would be just fine.