cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sgs2 lte radio

shust82
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi, got the sgs2 lte, and its supposed to have a built in radio tuner, anybody figure out how to use it?

******* Edit labels ********

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: sgs2 lte radio

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
In order to use the FM radio on any phone you need to connect your headphones. The headphones act as a antenna. Once you plug the headphones in then you turn it on. You can use the FM radio on speaker but you need to leave the headphones plugged in.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

cor315
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm assuming you can only use it when headphones are plugged in.  At least that's how it is with the Raider

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
In order to use the FM radio on any phone you need to connect your headphones. The headphones act as a antenna. Once you plug the headphones in then you turn it on. You can use the FM radio on speaker but you need to leave the headphones plugged in.

giring1
I've Been Around

Did  anybody figure out how to use the radio?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Please read the post above instead of asking the same questions.. Yes in order to use the Radio you need to have the eaphones plugged in. The earphones act as a antenna. YOU need to have the earphones plugged in the hole time when you want to listen to the FM radio.

y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around

I believe the issue he (I am assuming your are guy)  is having is not the fact that it works/doesn't work.  but doesn't know what app to use.  I actually am yet to see a radio app.  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Go into Widgets & you will see it there. Its called FM Radio.

bdwight
I've Been Here Awhile

Followed what you said, but I did not see any "FM Radio". Anyone else have the same problem or is it just my phone?

cor315
I Plan to Stick Around

You can probably download one from the Market

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
The FM radio should be under the Music section. This is how it is on my s2.

bdwight
I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah, I only see the "music" one under "apps", but no other ones/ options/ sub-menus. Also don't want to download an app that uses data. Would be pointless to supposedly have a built in FM radio and be using data for it... unless I am missinformered.

y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around
yeah same here i can't find it in the widgets list (which is actually an annoy way to show that list. id prefer just a simple list to scroll through)

shust82
I Plan to Stick Around

When I posted the question, I was actually looking for the app/widget to run the radio.  I have no apps or widgets on my phone that allow me to use the radio, even with the headphones plugged in.  In the music app & the rogers urMusic, there is no settings for radio, or anything that says radio.

An app that actually uses the internal radio wouldbe nice, but i havent been able to find any.  The apps in the market place all use the internet to stream music.

Anyone know of a good app/widget that will use the internal radio?

And to the moron that changed my question to "solved!", try again.

Thanks for all the replies!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

The only way to have it changed to solved would have been on your account. No one is able to solve someones elses questions. Anyways i would suggest calling Rogers to see what they say.

shust82
I Plan to Stick Around
Meowmix-that's the way it should be, but I assure you I did not change it. Must have been another brilliant Rogers employee move.

It also appears that the att skyrocket (sgh-i727) does not have any way to access the fm radio either. Maybe Samsung forgot something.....

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

reading this link: http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/33655-does-att-sgs2-have-fm-radio-hardware/

it sounds like not just the rogers version but the AT&T one is having problems because no radio chip exists on the circuit board.   I have seen in the past products which have advertized features which do not find their way into the official released versions.

I'm beginning to think this is the case here, there might be several variants of this phone that have it, so thats why some are reporting it works and some are not having any luck.  You should consider accepting that as whats going on here because ive seen it before with other products in the past so thats why im comfortable accepting it where  a phone owner may have a hard time believing it

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Yea i thought it would have been in the Music section as my S2 ( none LTE) has it there. Now maybe Samsung either added the FM radio as a feature for no reason or there is another reason why they either never added the FM chip in the phone.

shust82
I Plan to Stick Around
I did end up finding an app that uses a fm chip, spirit fm. Installed the app, but does not work.
So the galaxy s2 lte does not have fm capabilities.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
I have a friend that bought 2 S2 LTE phone's & he opened one up. No where can you see the FM chip. Samsung never added the chip in the phone. They said it comes with FM radio but it DOES NOT.

From the specs posted on the net sg s2 lte has no radio, but the htc lte has.

Chuckee
I Plan to Stick Around
The phone's stats don't mention a fm capability. My unstanding has always been that there's no FM radio.
I use TuneIn Radio instead. it's radio on your data connection. does the trick. I believe there are several apps that do this.
Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 in conversation