sgh-i727R kies update failed - bricked phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

sgh-i727R kies update failed - bricked phone

Hey all hopeing someone can help.

I have an S2LTE and Kies advsied of an update this morning, It got stuck at 3% and I left it for over 3 hour. I had no choice but to remove the battery/unplug. Now the phone is in recovery mode and when I attempt Kies recover it fails at 0%. 

I called rogers and my warranty was over last month and their not helping

What are my options at this point ?

Thanks all

****Edited Labels****

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: sgh-i727R kies update failed - bricked phone

I seriously suggest you visit the XDA site. You can search sgh-i727r. Keep in mind it's the exact same phone as the AT&T version our skyrocket. You'll get a ton of help there
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey I had problems with battery life, 4 hours from charged to dead as long as you didnt use it, less if you did. I called rogers, even though my phone is 6 months old and under warranty they told me they would do nothing and told me to contact samsung. Samsung was helpfull, the agent I spoke to told me that there were "massive problems" with the rogers version of jelly bean for the sgh i727r. He advised me that because of the problems, even if phone is out of warranty, rooted, or has had custom roms installed( flash counter triggered) they will repair phone for free. they sent me a prepaid ups shipping label to return phone, and the turn around time is half what rogers advised me as well.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I should add i fixed my phone. I used odin, and flashed clockwork recovery. Wiping data/reset, clearing cache and wiping delvic cache did not work, still had battery issues after installing rogers stock jellybean rom, so i did it again and used a program called darkside superwipe in addition to reset and clearing caches. phone seems ok, but i am going to send it back anyway, the phone spent a day with the battery hot to the touch. if it was turned on it discharged slowly even if it was plugged into the charger who knows what that did to the battery or motherboard.....