samsung s3 lte

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kensmith19
I Plan to Stick Around

samsung s3 lte

we have a famil plan that does not say lte in the plan..i called rogers up to get switch over to lte and they told me all i needed was a new lte sim chip that  i got..i still dont see my samsung s3 getting lte anywhere..always 3g or hspa whatever that is..i am sure u need a lte plan to get the feature do u not..the sales guy said all there plans are now lte

****Edited Labels****

kensmith19
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: samsung s3 lte

anyone?

RogersEricB
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi kensmith19,

Where are you located exactly? LTE is offered in some cities for now. We are looking at expanding it soon.

You can look at our coverage map for more details.

www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless_network

Thank you,

RogersEric
kensmith19
I Plan to Stick Around

in newmarket ontario..i never see the s3 switch to lte..always on 3g or hspa i think is what its called

stevenliu12
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello kensmith19,
As I know,lte is not covered at newmarket,I live at richmnd hill(yonge&19th) and I got lte.I think that is almost the edge of lte coverage.You can check the map on rogers website.
kensmith19
I Plan to Stick Around

well lte is now in newmarket and still no lte on it..i called rogers and they told me cause maybe i didnt buy the phone through rogers and the ime number can't be added to there system is maybe the reason..i think thats a bunch of b's as i know people who bought iphone 5's from apple and are able to get lte on there units and they werent bought from rogers store or online..i have a lte sim chip...basically the rogers person over the phone wanted me to buy a new phone a s3 or other and would knock off a part of the hardware fee for 30 days..i really wana get lte working on this phone cause i am sure it should work as the phone was bought in canada...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@kensmith19

Not really. Not all phones are able to be used with Rogers networks. Please find the specs of the phone and post them here. Also let us know where the phone is from.

Apple makes their hardware and software to be used everywhere. Some countries can ONLY use 3G or 4G (HSPA+). Some countries can use that and LTE.  This is hy Apple can do it. Other manufactors make different phones.

kensmith19
I Plan to Stick Around

what specs do u want the model number?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Search on google the model number and see what specs u get. Show us the network ones as well
kensmith19
I Plan to Stick Around

i bought a samsung gt-i9300

baseband vs is i9300ublg2

from best direct in bc canada