samsung galaxy s4 messages not receiving

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

hi, I've had my samsung galaxy s4 for 5 months and have never had a problem. When I woke up this morning I wasnt receiving any text messages even though  I know some were sent to me. Around 4 o'clock I ended up receiving all messages at once, and then stopped receiving again. I can send messages perfectly fine, but can't get replies. I've tried turning the phone on and off, taking the battery out, and removing the sim card and none have worked. I was hoping someone could help me with tips on how to fix this or let me know what my next steps are to getting it fixed. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. 🙂

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: samsung galaxy s4 messages not receiving

Meowmix, I just phoned there and got a recorded message saying that they are investigating issues with the LTE network and receiving calls/text messages.

No ETA on a fix

**Update**

If this happens again in the future, disable LTE until the problem is resolved, It will allow for incoming text and phone calls to work again. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mariecarterr

Have you tried contact Rogers to see maybe your area had / has issues receiving text messages? Sometimes its Rogers end and they will need to verify it.

The only thing you can do it contact them and see what's going on. You did a soft reset, took the sim card out and put it back in and all. It could well be the sim card but i doubt it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the same issue on the s4. Sending messages and data are working fine but I'm getting no calls or texts in
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello madunne

Have you contacted Rogers to see maybe there is a issue on there end? Call and see. Also have you tried taking the sim card out and out it back in to see? Try using 4G/3G to see if voice works
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix, I just phoned there and got a recorded message saying that they are investigating issues with the LTE network and receiving calls/text messages.

No ETA on a fix

**Update**

If this happens again in the future, disable LTE until the problem is resolved, It will allow for incoming text and phone calls to work again. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello madunne

Then there is your answer. They won't give a ETA until they know what's going on and fix the issue. That's how they are Sadly
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Have the same phone and I've been having the same problem since Monday. Nobody else I know seems to be having any problems.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ejaywpg

Well there are others on here reporting the problem so others do have this issue. It could only affect a certain amount of people, not everyone. It seems to be only a few tho.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My galaxy s4 wont receive or send messages. My message number was set to..... Ive tried taking out the SIM. Even factory resetting it. But nothing works.