cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung galaxy s2 lte does not shut down, only restarts

ytty
I Plan to Stick Around

after upgrading my s2 lte to ics it will not shut down, when I select power off it just restarts... tried pulling battery out and reseting to factory setting, it just won't shut down... anyone had same issue or know a solution?...

******* Edit labels ********

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: samsung galaxy s2 lte does not shut down, only restarts

confyzone
I Plan to Stick Around
I never experienced any issues on the ICS Rogers though I only used it about a week before i got sick of that stupid GB themed rogers bloatware apps

but as for your power loop issues you may need to do a install from ODIN3 instead of through Kies because i've noticed anyone whos updated through Kies has had nothing but issues

my guess is kies is grabbing bad downloads (incomplete) and forcing them to install and corrupt phones

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

newfiechaos
I Plan to Stick Around
When i try to restart mine it just turns off I've been having a lot of trouble since the upgrade

ytty
I Plan to Stick Around

thats weird... anyone else ?

eosman
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes. I have been having issues as well. My Galaxy S2 LTE Skyrocket from Rogers since upgrading to Ice Cream Sandwich will not turn off. If I hold the power button down, it attempts to shut off but gets stuck on the Rogers splash screen. I am forced to remove the battery. 

I have done two factory resets and restored the rom twice. It fixes the issues only temporarily then after a while the problem comes back. I tried 3 different batteries as well to see if that was the issue but that didn't fix it. 

It certainly seems like its related to the ICS update.

Zou
I've Been Around

I am experiencing the same issue since I installed a bootload, now my phone will not turn off, it stays at the rogers logo.

If I try to restart the phone, same issue, the phone will not restart. A hard reset will work.

I dont think, this is ICS related, but more bootoad if you have installed any on your phone, maybe some of you can confirm

Thanks

confyzone
I Plan to Stick Around
I never experienced any issues on the ICS Rogers though I only used it about a week before i got sick of that stupid GB themed rogers bloatware apps

but as for your power loop issues you may need to do a install from ODIN3 instead of through Kies because i've noticed anyone whos updated through Kies has had nothing but issues

my guess is kies is grabbing bad downloads (incomplete) and forcing them to install and corrupt phones
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation