samsung galaxy s2 LT wifi

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allli
I Plan to Stick Around

samsung galaxy s2 LT wifi

doess samsung galaxy s2 LT can access wifi with data off?  I afraid that with network data selected on..... I could be billed for data usage if the wifi connection drops.pls help

thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: samsung galaxy s2 LT wifi

To turn it off go to settings > wireless and network> mobile networks> toggle use packet data on/off.

Its okay 🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes. If you turn off Data in the network settings & turn Wifi on, You will NOT be charged anything for wifi. You are connecting threw wifi on the network from Home or w.e you are.

Turn off data to be safe & just use Wifi.
allli
I Plan to Stick Around

ohh thanks 🙂 but how can i trun off data i couldn't find this optoin ?

sorry just got the phone today

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

To turn it off go to settings > wireless and network> mobile networks> toggle use packet data on/off.

Its okay 🙂

View solution in original post

Skyanide
I've Been Here Awhile

I find it very annoying that on other versions of Gingerbread, if you push the power button (that brings up "power off/flight mode/silent mode") it also has a "data off" choice. Makes turning network data off very easy. Seems Rogers has removed it on their version though. hmmmmm Smiley Sad

Hope this feature is available on Rogers' release of ICS,