rogers wheres the 4.1 jellybean for galaxy nexus samsung says you should have it

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

rogers wheres the 4.1 jellybean for galaxy nexus samsung says you should have it

I talked to Samsung saying Google released it and rogers should have it when is. My galaxy nexus going to get it

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Around

No word as of yet as to when we can expect Android 4.1 pushed to the GNex.  C'mon boys!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: rogers wheres the 4.1 jellybean for galaxy nexus samsung says you should have it

My fiancee was using the Google I/O release of Jellybean on her Nexus and about a week ago has been getting a notification to upgrade OTA. Just food for thought.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: rogers wheres the 4.1 jellybean for galaxy nexus samsung says you should have it

Nexus S i9020

Official patch is rumoured Aug 4, 2012 

This is the leak July 16, 2012

If you’re in warranty best to wait 

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/update-nexus-s-jelly-bean-android-4-1-guide/

I've Been Here Awhile

If you are handy with computers, it is simple:

1. run fastboot oem unlock (after you download Android SDK)  => Good bye Rogers!

2. Download this from Google https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/yakju-imm76i-factory-8001e72f.tgz

3. Follow the instructions here https://source.android.com/source/building-devices.html

This will get your phone of Rogers, and you will have the original Google image, it took me 10 minutes to do that.

Then simply wait a couple of hours, Jelly beans will arrive over the air.

I paid full price for this phone, yet they still scamed me by not giving me the real Galaxy Nexus.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just a note for you guys wanting to do this method

Going with a AOSP (android open source project) based rom you won't get your fb sync for contacts so if your big on having all your numbers by way of fb don't go custom

And I'm not knocking custom as I use CM10 JB 4.1.1 just a warning to those who don't know any better
I Plan to Stick Around

I paid about 220 bucks for my Google Nexus that I got at a Rogers kiosk (because I am on a 3 year term and I "upgrade" my phone before the contract was over). If I flash the OS with a custom one, will that affect anything in my plan, or my data plan with Rogers, etc.?

My phone technically is a Google phone, but I still have only 4.02.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Rogers has nothing to do with the Galaxy Nexus update...

I Plan to Stick Around

He is right. Rogers just provide the network. Google gave samsung the rights to update some models of galaxy nexus, why.... i have no clue. Ive made official complaints to google and samsung and warned of false advertizment lawsuits. This is a dev device, why would they be so stupid? To save $$$ . We still dont have 4.04 and its been 5 months... 4.1 is years away for all we know. I say demand refunds and complain, why do we get singled out to be ripped off? Just cause i bought a rogers build model after jan? This is an epic fail and the community should be furious.
I've Been Around

I would just want to know why the nexus s got the update and not gnexus just asking