removal from rogers BIS system

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

removal from rogers BIS system

I am now living in the UK and having difficulties with my blackberry. It has been unlocked but Rogers is blocking my blackberry access to a different BBM and internet service provider, O2. 

I have been told I need to get Rogers to remove the phone from their BIS system. How do I go about this, bearing in mind that I am living in England and calling a Canadian customer service number is not financial friendly? 

******* Edit labels ********

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: removal from rogers BIS system

You could always contact them via email support.  Go to www.rogers.com and look for the 'Support' tab at the top right of the page and follow the links to send them an email.

I hope that helps you.  🙂

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

a lot of times most people can simply put the bis plan on their account ,and through their phone, go to advanced, and host routing table, and register now, it will release the pin and register it with the new bis provider.  I have always done this when switching providers in canada,  Rogers does have an overseas number to call, you should even be able to call it collect, its printed on the back of the sim card i believe, have you checked there?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

http://rogershelp.com/wireless_button/ivr/

That is for online Tech support. Talk to them & they are going to help you taking it off. If they can not then call

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/contactus

Go into their & find the number you need. Call them & tell them to take it off.

@Pauly wrote:

a lot of times most people can simply put the bis plan on their account ,and through their phone, go to advanced, and host routing table, and register now, it will release the pin and register it with the new bis provider.  I have always done this when switching providers in canada,  Rogers does have an overseas number to call, you should even be able to call it collect, its printed on the back of the sim card i believe, have you checked there?

I've never heard of a carrier releasing a PIN simply by the user registering the device on another network. 

You're SURE you've done this?

(Once again, I'm not questioning your knowledge, I'm just clarifying what doesn't seem right to me.)  🙂

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Take a look at this link:  http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1691992-CSRs-don-t-know-how-to-release-BB-Pin

You will see I'm not the only one who has had success doing this.

Pauly, thank you for the response.  🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

or online live chat.