refurbished phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

refurbished phone

I upgraded a phone on somewhere in august which is s3 . I really love the phone but my sister wants it so i gave it to her co shes in the philippines. And after that i paid off the remaining flextab balance that i have. And then after a month or two i dedcided again to have a s3 for myself,i ordered it on oct 4 and they deliver it to me on oct 9. Im so excited and i check everything and installed again the apps that i had before on my s3 and a few hours ago the s3's acting really weird coz the screen is dancing when im on the internet,the phone is getting hot and when i charge it the phone says' charging paused. Battery temperature too high.' Which i havent experienced on my first s3 thats y i talked to a tech support and they told me they will replace it with a bnew s3,of course coz its only like an hour when i had the phone. And im so mad coz i cant also connect the phone on wifi and now for sure im over my data usage. And also there is a dead pixel i guuess on the black screen of the phone which is im not worried of coz i heard that almost all of the s3 have the same issue. And then the day come it was oct 12 when i received the replacement phone,i opened it and it was a REFURBISHED.. Seriously? I just upgraded a phone and i havent used it for 3 hrs and theyre giving me a refurbished? I called customer relation bout this, they told me that i should go to a rogers store to document that what i have is a refurbished. Coz i think they dont believe me that is a refurboshed coz they cant see the point that how come im receiving a refub phone. I told him that its on a different box and it has a paper saying its refurbished and i think he bwas satisfy when i said that and then he told me to sent it back on ups. And i asked him if i can get any credit with wjat happened coz it there fault. He told me that i can get a credit if it was really a refurbished and it someone will document that the phone i had is refurb and i know that agent cant help me so i told him ill just sent it back so that they will see its a refurb.and i was checking the box which i didnt have the chance coz when i saw the box saying its a refurb i got frustrated and i just called rogers with what happened,as i was saying im checking the box i saw a sim card and i got mad again coz the sim card theyve sent out is a regular sim card like the big one,did they know that the s3's can hold a microsim not the regular simcard. And when i found out that sim card,i called again at customer relation. She told me that she can only give me a credit for a sim card which i refuse. Coz its not my point,my point is did the people of rogers knows what theyre doing? And i asked her maybe a tech support can help me coz i just figured it out that a tech support was the one who placed an order for me. Which we both agreed. And then i called tech support i told him again my story for the 3rd time and he put me in hold for bout 5 mins to investigate what happened. And then he told me that its their fault coz they thought the phone that i had was i ordered on sept which they didnt know that i just recently upgraded a device. How come they cannot see it on theur system. And i asked him again for a credit since they documented it that the phone was really a refurb,he told me that he wants to gve me a credit but he's not authorized only customer relation can do that. And then i called again i told.him.again my story(4th time) and he told me he cantbgive me any credit coz i reached the maximum of credit they can give( i have $15 credit.for 3 yrs) which i truly understand. But before when i had my first s3 and the phone is also defective i also asked for a replacemnt and a  redit coz i had a screen protector on my phone which a csr gave me a $25 credit off on my bill. I told the agent my  story and i asked him.how.come.he cant give me a credit if the other customer relatiom can give me how come he cant which i know he is authorized for giving me credit. He offerd me a 100 airtime bonus for 2 months which i refused coz i have 400 airtime and i dont need more. Were on the phone for bout 30mins and he cant offer me anything. And i got upset. off coz he seems.like he doesnt want to deal with me. That why i asked him to gibe me the number of a manager which he refused to give me.coz his saying is there is no manager at that time and no one can help me.on this coz i have lots of credits,and money is still money. Which is i totally understand but i still want my crediy with what happened and i know im entitle to it. And we hang up the phone,i called again on rogers to connect me in their manager which he did. I talked to a customer relation again o told him agai  my story,and he gave me a $50 credit off my bill. I asked him how come u can give me but the other customer relation cannot give me any credit. He cant answered that question. He only told me that is the maximum credit thatbhe can give me. Which is i think i need something more or maybe a consideration with what happened. I was really disappointed with rogers.

****Edited Labels****

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: refurbished phone

Can anyone help me? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello castrel

When tech support sends a device to you, it will be Refreshed no matter what. That is how the sends units out. They are like new phones. New batteries and new screens. They test them before sending them out.

As for the credit of the screen protector. Rogers is nice enough which gave you a credit. Really its not their fault and they should not have to credit the amount of the screen protector..

Also. How long after did u send the phone back to them?
I Plan to Stick Around

But i just upgraded a phone on oct 4 and i received the device on oct 9. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I havent sent back the phone that i have because they told me that they will replace it with a brand new phone but when when i received it its only refurb 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Well u need to send yours back or else they will charge you the full price of the device. Call them back and ask "Why send me a refutb device meanwhile i still have 15 days to get a new one" they should send u a new one.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah they told me there gonna send me a new one. My point is how come they made a mistake like this if theyll know what theyre doing. 

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation