recording 2 progs on PVR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: recording 2 progs on PVR

Guessing well out of warranty then Smiley Sad

Are you able to watch one, and have a second scheduled thing record?
(Wondering if the dual tuner is going)

I'm Here A Lot

I noticed something tonight.  So, I have a show recording from 7:30-10:00.  And I wanted to record a 2nd show at 8:00 but not watch anything till later.  I waited till 8:00 to see what happened.  At 8:00 the PVR box displayed the second channel number, meaning it tuned to that channel, but it didn't record.  I went to that 2nd channel and pressed the "record" button, and both shows are recording now.  So it tuned to the 2nd channel but didn't automatically record it.  And, yes, sadly it's out of warranty.  I had 3 years and the PVR is more than 4 years old.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok.. that is IS recording 2, when you do it manualy.. means that the TUNER is ok, doing two at a time

I would ASSUME a software issue then?... i would think if it was more widespread, that we would be hearing more people here with it Smiley Sad  (like the hdd issue a while back)

Im at a loss right now otherwise.. unless more people chime in with the same issue, that its something that can be more globaly looked at.

You could TRY.. dont know if you can get rogers to WIPE and RE PUSH the software out for it.. see if that would fix it, if they can do it?

Sorry cant be much more help Smiley Sad

I'm an Advisor

I also have an 8300HD PVR and have never seen this problem. I often record 2 programs that start at the same time.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

rogers should just do what Bell did get the recievers that can record up to 4 channels at once at the same time while still watching a different program..

I'm a Reliable Contributor

This sounds like it could be hard drive issue...  I would suggest watching all your programs you have on your hard drive, and do a full format.  If you want the instructions to fully format the pvr back to factory, just let me know and I'll post the instructions (can be done via remote!).  Please keep in mind that this COMPLETELY erases ALL recordings on your hard drive.

Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 in conversation