"Unable to confirm your SIM is working correctly" - I have NFC SIM card

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

"Unable to confirm your SIM is working correctly" - I have NFC SIM card

Hi!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S III with data plan from Rogers. I recently got a NFC enabled SIM card (with "Suretap" and "mobiXpress" written on it). My NFC function is ON and I downloaded the CIBC Mobile Payment app. I have a compatible CIBC credit card. When I start the payment app, it says : 

"Sorry, we are unable to confirm your SIM is working correctly", as if I didn't have NFC SIM card.

I can only click on "Learn More" that gets me to a web page explaining the requirements.

I called CIBC and they have not clue. They told me to call Rogers. They still tried to send to my phone the credit card data but it failed (Wi-Fi was off for that). I then called Rogers and they opened a "case" but I don't have any news from the customer service.

I tried uninstall the app, then remove battery, then reinstall the app. No success.

The only thing I didn't try is to factory reset my phone, which I may try today. Anybody has the same problem?

***edited labels***

Retired Moderator Rogers_Kate
Retired Moderator

Re: "Unable to confirm your SIM is working correctly" - I have NFC SIM card

Hi there,

Just to confirm your Samsung S III device is locked to Rogers, correct?

Rogers_Kate

I'm Here A Lot

Yes. I have it since summer 2012 and got it directly from Rogers. It is not an unlocked phone.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hmm another sim card issues with the S 3

I Plan to Stick Around

What issues would unlocking the S 3 present  witrh regards to Sim card problems ??  I unlocked my S 3 and i get nothing but sim card error messages.    

I'm Here A Lot

I also tried to factory reset the phone. Still not working... Maybe it's a problem with my S3.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello gab3395

It's been a worldwide issues that the S3 has sim card problems like this. Samsung has been aware but it seems it has not fixed the issue OR they have nut it's still there.
I Plan to Stick Around

You can see in the comments for the app in the Playstore very few people have been able to get this to work:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cibc.ui

You can call Rogers back if you don't get a text message about the case they opened after 3 days.  You'll have to ask for the Suretap support department - ask the agent to enter 'suretap' in their phone transfer system to see the extension.

I Plan to Stick Around

I've had my unlocked Rogers S3 now for almost a year and haven't had one SIM error and I'm a heavy power user!!!!

PS ... I always used to watch the Super friends Skype each other when I was a kid - now with my S3 I feel like I'm part of the Super friends!