"No Valid Tethering APN" on unlocked android phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

"No Valid Tethering APN" on unlocked android phone

I recently got an unlocked phone and while I could get data to work, tethering didn't. It took me several days to find a solution but it ended up being really simple. I am honestly surprised that Rogers support, when I called them, could not figure this out - I mean they even went over what the APN settings were with me but the support guy assured me that the settings I put in originally were correct (turned out they weren't, at least completely). Anyway, here's the solution just in case anyone's having the same problem:

http://www.podrezo.com/?r=howto/android-tether

I hope this helps someone from ripping off their own head like I was about to do until I solved it. Cheers.

***edited labels***

Retired Moderator RogersJean
Retired Moderator

Re: "No Valid Tethering APN" on unlocked android phone

Hi platestorm and welcome to the forums,

Thanks for the information!

I've Been Here Awhile

[comment deleted, nevermind]

I've Been Here Awhile

The solution listed here works but instead of creating another APN for tethering I modified my Rogers APN definition APN TYPE from internet + mms to internet + mms + dun and things work perfect now

I've Been Here Awhile

One thing I noticed on my device there are two APN's one is Rogers LTE and one was called gathering. The Rogers LTE APN Type did not have a selection for internet+mms+dun it only had internet+mms, so change the gathering one, or if you only have one add a new one as defined in the artical in the link in the above post.