"No Service"

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

"No Service"

I have a BB Pearl 8110 and this last weekend we were at Spruce Sands just 10 minutes north of Gimli and I had no service on my phone. My husband's phone was working fine along with many others. Is there some setting or something I should  be changing?

***edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: "No Service"

since you can not identify to us what is your husbands phone, its possible he is on a different technology than yours.  for example if he is on 3G and your just GSM then yes there will be a discrepency in service, 3g works in some areas where GSM does not, and vice -a- versa, your gsm will work in some areas where his phone wont, even though you never experienced this yet.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

According to rogers.com/coverage (coverage map) for that area it does show that there is limited 2G/GSM signal (which is what the BB8110 uses) starting at roughly Highway 68. This map doesnt always take into affect terrain but it looks like there would be sparse service on GSM/EDGE in the location you mentioned.

Most likely the reason why other phones worked is because they were running on the 3G network. Rogers has a deal with MTS in Manitoba to be able to roam on each others networks. And unforunately MTS only has a 3G network in the area which your phone is not compatible with.

Hope that makes sense,

Cheers!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

so i was right! neat

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Is there any solution, Other BB seem to work alright?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

convince rogers to put a gsm tower, which is very unlikely, or buy a cheap 3G phone and use it on rogers. those are the ONLY options.