questions about tv service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

questions about tv service

hi everyone.

i am new here and looking for a few answers.

i am considering getting tv service. does rogers still use satelite dishes?

can u get tv service in new sudbury area ontario?

i have 2 tvs. one is a 1080hd and the other is a older type tv but i have a box the converts hd into the rca inputs will this work?

thank for the help,

Scott

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: questions about tv service

1. Rogers never used Satellite dishes for home installations. They are a cable service provider.

2. Call Rogers and find out if they serve your address.

3. You can get (purchase or rent) an HD box for the HDTV and an SD box for the SDTV. Or you can get an HD Box and utilize the RCA outputs on the back of it for your SDTV - your choice.

4. There is no need for the "box" that converts HD to RCA.  Why do you have it now and what does it convert to RCA (I assume by RCA you mean composite video and analogue audio (yellow/red/white)?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. Rogers never used Satellite dishes for home installations. They are a cable service provider.

2. Call Rogers and find out if they serve your address.

3. You can get (purchase or rent) an HD box for the HDTV and an SD box for the SDTV. Or you can get an HD Box and utilize the RCA outputs on the back of it for your SDTV - your choice.

4. There is no need for the "box" that converts HD to RCA.  Why do you have it now and what does it convert to RCA (I assume by RCA you mean composite video and analogue audio (yellow/red/white)?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@IMPorter7 wrote:

hi everyone.

i am new here and looking for a few answers.

i am considering getting tv service. does rogers still use satelite dishes?

can u get tv service in new sudbury area ontario?

i have 2 tvs. one is a 1080hd and the other is a older type tv but i have a box the converts hd into the rca inputs will this work?

thank for the help,

Scott

***Edited Labels***

It doesnt appear that Rogers provides cable service to the Sudbury area.

If you are interested in cable TV for Sudbury, you'll have to contact Eastlink cable