question

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

question

i got an unlocked black berry from a friend because i broke my phone, its got a data plan can i put that sim into my unlocked blackberry, its a microsim

thanks

****Edited Labels****

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: question

Hello jd123

All Blackberries use Regular sim cards. You will need to buy a regular sim from Rogers which costs $9.99+tax. You CAN use a nano sim card BUT i would not suggest it. It could either get stuck or when trying to take it out, it may brake the little gold connectors.
I've Been Here Awhile

thanks but i was wondering if i would still have data and all that funstuff , i had a android smart phone and it broke so im putting my plan on a different phone while it gets fixed

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

android data will not work on a blackberry, u gotta call rogers and switch your "Data" plan to a "BlackBerry" data plan, preferably of the same data allotment u had before.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jd123

In order to use data on a blackberry, you will need to contact Rogers and have them switch your data from a smartphone data to a blackberry data aka BIS. Blackberries use BIS which is better then regular smartphone data. It compress data which means you are using less data.

So you will need to get that changed to a Blackberry data plan.