pvr buzz!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colinmartin
I've Been Around

pvr buzz!

had a power outage yesterday!  now it's back and the cable is working, but my pvr box is buzzing LOUDLY, even when i shut it off!  any suggestions as to how i can get rid of the buzz??

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
RogersReggie
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: pvr buzz!

Hi colinmartin,

Welcome to the Forums.

The power outage may have had something to do with that. You may want to unplug the power from your PVR for 10 minutes to let it "cool off" Once you've plugged it back in, if the same thing continues, there may be an issue with your hardware, and you may want to bring it to your local Rogers store to get it swapped.

View solution in original post

All Replies
RogersReggie
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi colinmartin,

Welcome to the Forums.

The power outage may have had something to do with that. You may want to unplug the power from your PVR for 10 minutes to let it "cool off" Once you've plugged it back in, if the same thing continues, there may be an issue with your hardware, and you may want to bring it to your local Rogers store to get it swapped.

View solution in original post

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

The buzzing is probably the HardDrive.. This can happen over time or in your case a power outage..

If it's a rental pvr I'd just go and swap it at the rogers store. If you own it you can go about replacing the hard drive yourself.