putting open nat connectoin for both xbox 360 and xbox one.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

putting open nat connectoin for both xbox 360 and xbox one.

This router is the most complacted rotour i ever had to use. first it doesn't allow me to use the same name more then once secound it doesn't allow me to log into the same ip address using both systems. Both ports are the same for both systems.

88 UDP,, 3078 TCP/UDP, 53 UDP, 80 TCP

nat cennection stays moderet for some reason not open. how to i open the nat cennection for both systems. I shouldn't have to do this I should be able to just plug in my console and it work fine. Sorry im used to opening the nat connection with other routers. maybe it's not needed with this one.?

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: putting open nat connectoin for both xbox 360 and xbox one.

Without saying which one you have... i am guessing its a CNG2 or CGN3?

The NAT in general on these ones, is more STRICT than on the others, and even some 3rd party ones.
In some ways, thats GOOD, its more secure..  but can cause issues with stuff like this.

I have found MANY routers (even 3rd party ones) that dont support forwarding the same ports for two different internal IPs 😞

You could try:

A ) put one system in the DMZ, and the other with port forwarding.

B ) One option is to use BRIDGED MODE which turns the rogers router into a modem only state, then you can use any 3rd party router which DOES support what you need.

I'm a Regular

For some reason I can't get my NAT open on my 360 always telling NAT moderate I just got this new modem from rogers and Realy I thought it would be better for gaming not to mention I get a lot of lag with this new 150 hybird please help

I'm a Regular

Do I turn of upnp when doing port forwarding or using Dmz? and when Xbox is on dmz is the Xbox in risk of getting hacked or virus ?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When in the DMZ.. there is yes a potential of it being hacked (though i am not sure how easy that is to do with a xbox).

If you only have the one xbox, i would do the port forwarding method.

ALTERNATIVELY.. as from the other threads you have been part of.. Getting a 3rd party router and using it in bridge mode..
The NAT on the CGN3 is VERY strict..  which is in some ways good, more secure... BUT doesnt play as nice with some stuff trying to talk OUT sometimes.

I'm a Regular

Which router will work without any NAT issues at all when using 2 or more Xbox when playing online at the same time? I have a old router dlink 615 that supports 2 Xbox with out any NAT issues or doing any changes all I do is plug it in and no NAT issues
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

May be hit and miss

Hopefully another user who has the setup with two can comment on what they use

I'm a Regular

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Personally not a huge fan of d-link, had like 4 routers go across multiple housholds, all around the same time, etc.

But there was at least one user on here, i think that was using that one, and said it was ok.

I'm an Advisor

@lethalsniper wrote:
What you think about this dlnk it's kind of new

http://ca.dlink.com/products/connect/wireless-ac1900-dual-band-gigabit-router-2/

Every D-Link product I've owned... got measurably worse over time, like a year or two. Not sure how to explain it. I've seen speculation that it could be due to bad capacitors in those external power bricks?

(Is it time for yet another Asus RT-AC68U recommendation?)

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation