purplish screen

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: purplish screen

Malik2k1,

I have all of the issue you've described as well.

Data Bug - Supposed to be corrected by the patch

Purple Screen - Doubt this will be fixed by the bug; reports on this seem to be all over the place. You have to take the phone out of auto and set the brightness to low to confirm the problem. 

Scroll Lag - (Charging) not a defect - they seem to all do this (the lumia 900s) the other lag you're refering too I haven't experienced; but since you are experiencing this coming from a lumia 800 and i haven't used one i'm not sure what you're former experience was like.

Audio problems - have the same thing; level 1 is incredibly loud. There is an audible difference as you go up but its very minute between the levels.

The 4G/3G Logo - Same issue here. If i'm in an LTE zone, it stays locked in LTE. If i'm in an HSPA+ plus area (4G) it sits in 3G all the time and only bumps to 4G when data is used, then goes back down. Not sure if this is by design, a seperate issue, or part of the data bug.

Rogers has told me the same thing as well; wait for the update, run it, and if doesn't fix your issues then call back and will issue case for the exchange.

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't believe purplish screen is not a hardware flaw, it's a software flaw. I doubt this firmware coming out is going to fix it but you never know but it will probably be fixed in the next firmware update Nokia pushes out to fix all the little things that people have been reporting to them.

I Plan to Stick Around

The only argument I have for the purple screen is that some phones do NOT have this problem. I compared two to mine in the store. In low brightness, with auto off, running the same firmware my phone did the problem did not exist.
I Plan to Stick Around

I guess it's comforting knowing that it's not just me who is seeing these issues.

I'll try to create a video later this evening comparing the scroll speed of my lumia 800 and 900 and people will be able to judge for themselves. I really expected the lumia 900 to perform identically. It was buttery smooth on the 800 but it's slow on the 900 which is weird consideirng its practically the same hardware with a few additions and a bigger screen. Not sure if screen size has any effect on the scrolling but if you run the diagnostics app and scroll through that list you'll notice a huge difference in scroll speed. That is how the lumia 800 scroll performs at all times versus the chuggyness of the lumia 900
I Plan to Stick Around

@mii wrote:
The only argument I have for the purple screen is that some phones do NOT have this problem. I compared two to mine in the store. In low brightness, with auto off, running the same firmware my phone did the problem did not exist.

its bit tricky .. on a sunny room you wont see this and its mostly visible on the dark .. and also its intermittent on mine .. 

i am also waiting for other fixes as below 

- Call end screen wont come if auto lock is set to 30sec

- if wifi is on and charging, charge wont reach 100%

I Plan to Stick Around

Mayoo are you referring to where it drops to 99% then goes back to 100% then drops again? I've seen this as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

@mii wrote:
Mayoo are you referring to where it drops to 99% then goes back to 100% then drops again? I've seen this as well.

For me its about 97%

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm fairly convinced this is software now. The Kindle app has a brightness slider on ot that goes from very bright to very dark.

On medium brightness, everything looks as expected when moving the slider. On low, purple shades throughout.
I Plan to Stick Around

keep us posted on the exchange and how the new one behaves ..
I Plan to Stick Around

My replacement shipping request was put through to UPS yesterday.   The phone should be picked up today and hopefully delivered tomorrow.  

Interestingly, they knocked me out yesterday morning when they added the SIM card they're shipping me to the account and it made that one active.   Since then fixed.