purplish screen

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: purplish screen

@SCHUEY wrote:

I haven't seen the purple keyboard, but my normal settings are medium brightness and auto off.

Ya just try enaling the auto dimming .. you will see it for sure .. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Mine is set to Low with Auto Adjust enabled and I have seen this a few times, but it is not consistent.  Considering that it only appears in certain situations I think it is probably firmware related (contrary to the Nokia Twitter comment) but I don't know if the upcoming update with address it.

I Plan to Stick Around

I've seen it, think their colour is off. After this fix, we'll probably see another update in the near future to address a lot of "irritations"

I Plan to Stick Around

yup .. issues are wating for us .. 

- After ending the call, the screen wont light up . you have to press the vol or pwr button

- Search Button became too sensitive 

I Plan to Stick Around

I just called Rogers and asked that they do my swap right away instead of waiting for an update that (probably) won't resolve this issue.

At this point, I have no idea if our update will be out today or not so I'm not taking any chances.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ya .. i am going to call a store and try to exchange.. i got the phone on launch day .. means my dead line is 23rd !!!! . Is it easy to exchange ?
I Plan to Stick Around

The phone tech didn't give me any grief.   Mine was an online order.   They're doing it RMA style.   Sending me a replacement and a label to ship the flawed one back.

I Plan to Stick Around

what proof you need to proove them that there is purple screen ? how did they trouble shoot ? tech i called is aware but he is telling me to talk to Nokia Canada .. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Didn't ask me for any type of proof at all.   Called twice, once saturday and once today.   Said I had done a factory reset as suggested Saturday and it hadn't helped. 

He tried telling me about the update and I told him I would rather have the DOA done now cause my cutoff was soon and he went ahead with it.   Grabbed my address and that was it.

I Plan to Stick Around

So i've been in contact with the Rogers rep from the store I purchased my pre-ordered unit from and let her know I was seeing the following issues:

- The Data Bug

- Purplish Screen

- Scroll Lag as well as screen lag in general - When I plug in my phone to a charger, it takes upto 5 seconds for the screen and phone to acknowledge that its plugged in.  None of these occured on my lumia 800 which i've had side by side and found the 900 to be chuggy and less smooth in comparison

- Audio problems with the speaker being extremely loud on 1/30

- No constant 4G connection unless I'm downloading something but once the download completes it hops back over to 3G (might be because only HSDPA is activated and not HSUPA for uploads but not sure)

The manager of the store says they can't switch the phone unit as they're not sure if all this is due to software or hardware.  I'm a little disappointed that Rogers isn't willing to just switch the unit over as I bought it last week!!  Eitherway, they want to verify that it's hardware problems versus software before switching it over.

Not too happy with my decison to switch over to Rogers so far... Smiley Sad