purplish screen

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthieugd
I Plan to Stick Around

purplish screen

It's a cross post from  xda.

I had a Lumia 800 before the 900 and one thing that surprise me was the screen at low brightness, the gray is kind of purple. On this thread I post some pictures:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=24851625#post24851625

Does other people have this "problem" ? 

******* Edit labels ********

matthieugd
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: purplish screen

Just get Rogers Support on the phone and they flag my device to be replaced. So I'm going to get a new one next week when stores have them in stock again. 

Anirask
I Plan to Stick Around

I only get the purple when my theme is set to Nokia Blue.   Could this be a custom Nokia theme thing?

Anirask
I Plan to Stick Around

Actually really wierd... I switched theme and them switched back to Nokia blue and everything with the keyboard was fine.  very strange but def software.

Anirask
I Plan to Stick Around

The answer from Nokia - 

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

i am seeing this now . very annoying .. its not constant but i can say frequent .. i read few more re-tweets and some one called rogers and they said to wait for software update before getting a replacement .. 

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

@matthieugd wrote:

Just get Rogers Support on the phone and they flag my device to be replaced. So I'm going to get a new one next week when stores have them in stock again. 

Hey .. please let us know about your experiance with rogers on this .. 

Anirask
I Plan to Stick Around

From twitter and message boars, this seems to only be an issue on Canadian handsets as far a I can tell. If the update isn't released tomorrow, I'll be calling Rogers as my DOA reporting date us the 20th according to the support guy.
Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

ok cool .. i am using on workaround mode .. turn off auto dimming and light set to medium .. 

SCHUEY
I Plan to Stick Around

I haven't seen the purple keyboard, but my normal settings are medium brightness and auto off.