purplish screen

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: purplish screen

John555 wrote:

From Nokia

"This is under investigation. Please go to http://bit.ly/InBAL0 where we will post any information when available. ^PH"

The thread for the above link contains the following.....Make sure you PM the Nokia rep, don't post your IMEI number in the forum.

John, thank you for the link. Despite these other articles, I think this is the first example of someone from Nokia acknowledging the problem. I've PM'd Kash my info. Hopefully others on this thread can take a minute and fire it over so they can get a sense for how widespread the problem is.

Not to mention all of the people out there that haven't noticed yet...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure if I'm doing this right, but here's a photo proof - both set to low brightness, dark background, auto off:

It's more apparent when you do the following. This is the best way for people to test for it.

Settings/Theme = Background DARK

Settings/Brightness = Automatically adjust OFF, Level LOW

Open Messaging (Not Email) App and click (+) button to type a message

Take a look at the keyboard which will be on a black screen and should be grey.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've gone through 3 phones (2 are returns) and all have the purple issue...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

From NokiaCare in the US....

"Hi, the issue is still under investigation, we are inclined to think it is a software issue, more news soon, stay tuned. ^JT"

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

From: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Purplish-tint-on-greys-when-low-brig...

AT&T called their Nokia rep regarding this issue.  Nokia is scheduled to release an update by May 14th to address the purplish tint.  (They expect it to be released sooner, but promised by May 14th).  AT&T extended my 30 day window to allow me to return after may 14th if the software fix doesn't address the problem.  If your 30 day window is approaching I'd call AT&T to extend it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yup Its official.. Now lets pray we get this update on the same date as US Customers ..

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I could be wrong but I don't think they will be as urgent to release this fix since there is a workaround of leaving phone on medium. I think they are going to include this in their next update to fix this and all the other little bugs/tweaks as one big rollout.

At least they acknowledged they can fix it in software.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Here is the phone statement from Nokia....

"Nokia has issued the following statement about the concerns expressed by some customers on this matter:  

We have been made aware of an issue creating a pinkish tint to the display on some Nokia Lumia 900 units. This is a result of a complex interaction between the device’s advanced software and chipset. However, we have identified and are currently working on a software update that will remedy the issue for a future update. In the meantime, affected customers can address the situation by going to “settings” and then “brightness” on their device. Once there, users should turn “automatically adjust” to “off” and set the level to “medium.” This will restore the color to normal tones. "

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just got the 3rd device and yeah, it's still there so I'm inclined to believe Nokia on this.

I feel bad that this wasn't isolated earlier so I could've avoided having to have Rogers send me 2 more of these.   I am greatful and very impressed with the great customer service in trying to make me happy though.

I'll be shipping my current one back and keeping the new cause re-shipping the 3rd one I think may cause chaos in their systems.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

According to WPcentral.com today (Monday, May 7th), Nokia has found a way to fix the problem and should be sending out a patch.  (didn't say when, tho...)

/drt