problem with pausing and watching recorded shows

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

problem with pausing and watching recorded shows

I just recently got Rogers and have a Motorola M-DCX3510-M PVR.  I seem to be having troubles where some days I can't seems to pause live tv.  I hit pause the bar on the tv comes up like its going to pause but then it doesn't.

Also, some days I can't seem to watch any of my recorded show.  The screen changes like its going to play the recording but nothing starts up and then screen reverts back to the live tv that i was watching.

I've tried rebooting (ie leaving it unplugged for a few mins) a bunch of times but the problem always seems to come back.

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: problem with pausing and watching recorded shows

Hard to say overall.. ocassionaly they come up with hangups like that, and a reboot will fix. but are usualy do not return that much.

Could be the hard drive going on the unit.

Is it a rental?  May be worth swaping.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah, it is a rental.  How would I go about getting it swapped?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Should jsut be able to go into any rogers store.. and they will be able to swap it for you.

I've Been Here Awhile

So just take the box into the store, do I need any sort of paperwork to bring along? Do I need to call ahead of time?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well, if it's far enough away may be worth it just to make sure they have stock.

Shouldn't need any paperwork, etc. they will just check your info to validate the account.