problem with out going email

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sburman
I Plan to Stick Around

problem with out going email

when I send an out going email of any kind lately it takes for ever to send, its really slow when on 3G and just a bit quicker on WiFi, it tells me to configure my smpt setting. My email is a cogeco account so I have it set to smtp.cogeco.ca any advice what to do?

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
skeets73
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: problem with out going email

I wonder if "smtp.broadband.rogers.com" would work for your outgoing email server settings.  Also change to port 587 from 25, and make sure the authentication is enabled.

View solution in original post

All Replies
skeets73
I Plan to Stick Around

I wonder if "smtp.broadband.rogers.com" would work for your outgoing email server settings.  Also change to port 587 from 25, and make sure the authentication is enabled.

View solution in original post

sburman
I Plan to Stick Around

that seems to have solved my problem thanks for the help.

KMZ
I've Been Around

The trouble with outgoing email being VERY slow to go is experienced even when using smtp.rogerswirelessdata.com as an outgoing server.  I have timed some of my Shaw emails -- they take at least 20 minutes to go, and if the iphone goes into sleep mode, you have to keep waking it up so that your email stays in the delivery queue!  Just last week, I sent an email to my assistant at 8:10 in the morning and she got it at 3:00 in the afternoon!   What the heck is going on with that????   It defeats the purpose of having a device to communicate with the office, when I can drive there and speak to my assistant in person faster than I can send her an email!

Any ideas aside from using the rogers smtp server -- which may EVENTUALLY send the email, but not in good time?