problem with my cable TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zollen
I've Been Here Awhile

problem with my cable TV

I am a long term subscriber of cable TV services, but I recently also subscribed to their internet service. Here are the equipments I have...

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 1840 (Cable Box)
Cisco DPC 3825 (Internet modem)

I noticed that ever since I joined the internet service, My TV screen sometimes get divided into many horizontal lines..(Please see the attached pictures). Intially I thought my SamSung LCD (LN-T4061F) was beginning to breakdown, then I suspected may be the internet signal somehow interferenced with the TV signal.. or may be the cable box was malfunctioning.

TV screen samples

trouble screen #1

trouble screen #2

trouble screen #3

***Edited labels***

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: problem with my cable TV

Exchange that digital box at a rogers store for a new one. The internet shouldn't be effecting the picture so I think it's probably just a broken digital box.
Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hello there,

If this problem started happening when the internet was installed, my question for you is how was the internet installed?  did you install it yourself? did the technician install it?  rogers should be able to measure the signal strength of the box and if its poor signal caused by maybe a splitter gone bad then that could be why. Another thing that could have happened is a cable may have gone bad, or worst case, the set top box has gone bad?  i noticed its a Standard definitino set top box, so check the cable connections and make sure its connected to your tv with good quality RCA or S-Video connections instead of the F-Type screw on cable,  rogers store also will replace faulty RCA cables as well so try that option two.

mousetamer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I showed your pictures to my service manager and he thinks that the issue is with your TV. Do you have the same problem with the TV on different inputs running different devices or is it just on the single input?
zollen
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers technical install the box for me.
zollen
I've Been Here Awhile

Whenever the horizontal lines appear, I would have to wait and let the TV 'warm up', then the horizontal lines will eventually disappear.
Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

If warming up is fixing the issue the issue is with your tv is my guess.