phone return policy question

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

phone return policy question

I know the policy is 15 days and 30 minutes. I checked and I have 28 mins (close call!) I purchased the phone on April 18th and with tomorrow being May 3 is that within the policy for return? 

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: phone return policy question

You are correct. Your last day to return the device is may 3rd.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You are correct. Your last day to return the device is may 3rd.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

can i return a tablet after the 15 days to rogers

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I'm at 8 days but 2 hours call time.. They won't return/exchange?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Aeriches

No they will not. The call time has to be 30 minutes or less in order to return the device. Those are the policies they have & it is stated on the contract as well. 15 days OR 30 Minutes which ever is first.The reps at the store or over the phone should have told you this as well.

Hello Novaman

No you can not. It has to be within the 15 days of purchase. You can however cancel the services & pay whatever the cancellation fees are. Contact Rogers & speak to them more about that.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi, 

Rogers shipped the phone to me on 12/11 and I received it on 15/11.

According to their return policy, it is 15 days and less than 30 mins. 

I am wondering what is the deadline for me to ship back the phone to Rogers? 

20/11 or 23/11? 

Thank you very much 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Phone return policy question

Hello EG8196

From what i know, its from the time the device ships from the warehouse. I could be wrong BUT the best thing to do is contact Rogers and speak to the CSR about it. They will be able to let u know the correct date.

****Updated Solution****

The customer has to provide their original proof of purchase.

Hardware must be returned within 15 days of activation (either the original date of purchase in store or the date
the order was shipped, depending on how the order was placed)

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I have the honor of being one of the first people of getting the HTC One in Canada. However, does any one notice the hairline cracks that start where the power button and charging port is drilled or punched in the device?

Regardless, it seems like the corporate store I picked it up at, Northgate Mall Edmonton Alberta, won't honor their "15 day defect exchange policy" because I went over the 30 minutes talk time. The defect policy doesn't matter about talk time but they persist. Also, they refuse to honor it because it may have been done by me! the location of those cracks are impossible to made by the user without damaging everything else on the phone. the rest of the phone is immaculate. Their defect policy is right on their website and they are still refusing! rogers.com/protection.

I have talked to atleast 8 customer representatie reps on the phone of which 3 are managers and 2 are from tech support supporting this the 15 day defect policy. All they can offer me is advanced exchange for a refurbish device or to send it out for repair.

Their suggestion for me as a final complaint avenue is to talk to the store manager, which has been talking to the store rep over the phone the entire time. I am absolutely fed up with this situation.

Can anyone advise me any help or suggestions at this point!

Also, anyone else with a HTC One, check if there are hair line cracks on your device!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It really his hit or miss with Rogers.

I had a similar situation with my iPhone 5. I didn't even go over 30m talk time and they were beginning to refuse to talk it back. They always try to blame the customer at first mention of a defect. I even showed them multiple web pages on both Apple own forums and other forums of users complaining over the defect (it was the lifted glass defect) and Rogers refused to ackknowledge it saying unless it comes from corporate they can't just "believe people on the Internet".

Eventually the store rep called in to Rogers and eventually they gave me a refund. This was only after tey didn't have any phones in stock to replace. I doubt they would offer full refund if they had phone in stock.

So it really comes down to getting lucky with either the rep in store or the call in. If the reps at one store aren't doing anything I would try going to a different store. Try to be as nice as possible and hope they can do something. Don't tell them you already got refused, but keep trying different people and different stores. Your goal is to find the one person who isn't on a bad day, who is kind, etc.

if you make a scene odds are they won't want to be nice to you and instead of being lenient they will probably go the other way.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the reply!

I have been excessively polite and perhaps that is why I was quickly dismissed by the staff their but I have been quite assertive with them now about the details of the policy and atleast had some lengthy conversations with them.

I have tried to call the other local rogers plus stores, they said that have to bring it back to the one I purchased it from. However, they also said that if I purchased the phone from their store they would have done the exchange for me no problem! I feel like I am stuck with dealing with this store for this situation.

I am going to probably attempt to talk to their manager one last time and if that doesn't resolve the issue, talk to their regional manager. I think after that would be the Office of the President, ombudsmen plus Ellen Roseman and finally CCTS. I really do not wish to pursue so much time in this silly matter but they are leaving me no choice.