cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone just went dead so can't call Rogers to tell them!!!

bch9999
I'm Here A Lot

Same thing for an hour yesterday, now no phone again and need to make urgent calls. No cell phone at home now. Checked all wires, need help!!! Is this happening to anyone else in midtown btw?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: phone just went dead so can't call Rogers to tell them!!!

bch9999
I'm Here A Lot
PS, I went thru giant phone menu to get to tech help yesterday from pay phone, it rang 10 times then hung up on me!!! GRRRRRRRR!

Try rebooting the unit.

to do this, you need to unplug it, but as well, pop open the battery compartment, and remove the battery.

Then put it all back together and plug back in.

Agreed though.. currently the only tech support for home phone, is via phone.. so if you dont have a cell your stuck! they at least need to add it to the webchat.

It didn't work, but Thanks G. any other ideas?

Could be something in your area causing the outage then.. (or something even closer, line into the house, etc).

Is the phone the only thing having an issue? TV/Internet fine (if they are with rogers?)

My inlaws were having similar the last two weeks... intermittant outages on the phone only.  Seems to have stoped now though.

Same thing for an hour yesterday, now no phone again and need to make urgent calls. No cell phone at home now. Checked all wires, need help!!! Is this happening to anyone else in midtown btw?

PS After reboot, more lights came on the unit, it started working, then it stopped working but all the lights are staying on the unit under my desk.

Thanks G, it's working again now. My rogers internet and tv worked fine all morning, so def phone-related. So for now things are okay, but 2x in 2 days is very unaccaptable, i couldn't even call the car rental company i needed, who knows if i can even get a car now cuz couldn't confirm. Thanks Rogers!

Well, WHILE its up.. i would try giving a call into tech support. have them check the phone box remotely (make sure its showing proper signal, etc).  Worse case they can schedule a technician, etc.

Good idea, mind you that;s the line where no one was home y'day, the one that went dead after 10 rings.  (As you said, it would seem a no-brainer they should have CHAT for tech probs with phone to be addressed.)  But i think they would say if it's okay, why should we check, if i could get them.  Perhaps they'll read this.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation