pay as you go, $85 for 1 year -- question about free minutes

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

pay as you go, $85 for 1 year -- question about free minutes

Please explain the $85 annual pay-as-you go plan

It says there are 100 minutes, then 40 cents per minute after that

Is that 100 minutes for the entire year, or 100 minutes per month?

Thank you

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: pay as you go, $85 for 1 year -- question about free minutes

Hello melanie2421

The 100 minutes is per year. Sadly this is how Rogers has done it. You can see more about this here as someone else asked about it.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Other_mobile_device/thread-id/38...
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: pay as you go, $85 for 1 year -- question about free minutes

I called in and talked to rogers about this one, for my mother in law.

Its primarly geared towards.. say an emergency phone (what my mother in law wants it for).  Minimal calls, etc.  (specialy if you choose the unlimited texting, and can text most of the time).

It is $85 for the year.  So you need, to have 85 or more, ballance available, to activate it, as well as the 12 month period.
That 100 minutes, as meowmix said, is for the WHOLE timeframe of the 12 months.
IF you go over that 100 minutes, you can just top up $ on the ballance to cover for those 40c per min charges...and dont have to pay the 85 again till the 12 months are up.

Currently my mother in law, pays for the smallest regular pay as you go.. but you must top up every month, and doesnt use all the minutes... and in the end, pays MORE per year, than this.