cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outlook.com hotmail web access issues

colinlsmith
I've Been Here Awhile

For the past several days I am unable to access hotmail (outook.com,  live.com) via web browser while on my Rogers home internet connection. 

I get the login prompt, enter credentials, then get a blank page.

Tested on multiple combinations of O/S and browser. Tested using WiFi and wired connections. Solid failure. 

I can take the same device (iPAD), connect it to a different WiFi connection, and use outlook.com without a problem.

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: outlook.com hotmail web access issues

techguy001
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I had this same problem with my MSN.COM e-mail for the past few days.    Hotmail.com was not affected by whatever this problem was.

My problem was limited to web access for Microsoft e-mail/calendar/people and ONedrive.    Whenever I tried to log on I just got the spinning wheel and nothing happened after that.   I was able to access my e-mail thru Outlook 2007 thick client and also thru Windows 8/8.1 MAIL/CALENDAR/PEOPLE METRO app.

I too tried to use Google DNS vs Rogers to see if it helped but it did not make a difference so it was not a DNS issue.

I opened a support ticket on the microsoft web site 3 days ago and it took a while to get a response and the Microsoft tech asked me to do a trace of my login issues with a utility i had to download the sent the the results.   Sometime today the problem went away and am back to normal.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just checked on my rogers connection..
Entered login info.. took about 3 seconds of a blank screen, but then did load the email screen.
This is using win7, IE11

Now, the only difference i MAY have, is that i am using the google DNS servers?
Though, that you can get to the LOGIN page.. wouldnt think the DNS would be a problem.. unless there are some major re-directs to different specific mail server names, etc which the DNS would be failing on.

colinlsmith
I've Been Here Awhile

Good thinking on the DNS.... I will check that later qhen I am home. 

techguy001
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I had this same problem with my MSN.COM e-mail for the past few days.    Hotmail.com was not affected by whatever this problem was.

My problem was limited to web access for Microsoft e-mail/calendar/people and ONedrive.    Whenever I tried to log on I just got the spinning wheel and nothing happened after that.   I was able to access my e-mail thru Outlook 2007 thick client and also thru Windows 8/8.1 MAIL/CALENDAR/PEOPLE METRO app.

I too tried to use Google DNS vs Rogers to see if it helped but it did not make a difference so it was not a DNS issue.

I opened a support ticket on the microsoft web site 3 days ago and it took a while to get a response and the Microsoft tech asked me to do a trace of my login issues with a utility i had to download the sent the the results.   Sometime today the problem went away and am back to normal.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation