outlook.com hotmail web access issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

outlook.com hotmail web access issues

For the past several days I am unable to access hotmail (outook.com,  live.com) via web browser while on my Rogers home internet connection. 

I get the login prompt, enter credentials, then get a blank page.

Tested on multiple combinations of O/S and browser. Tested using WiFi and wired connections. Solid failure. 

I can take the same device (iPAD), connect it to a different WiFi connection, and use outlook.com without a problem.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: outlook.com hotmail web access issues

Just checked on my rogers connection..
Entered login info.. took about 3 seconds of a blank screen, but then did load the email screen.
This is using win7, IE11

Now, the only difference i MAY have, is that i am using the google DNS servers?
Though, that you can get to the LOGIN page.. wouldnt think the DNS would be a problem.. unless there are some major re-directs to different specific mail server names, etc which the DNS would be failing on.

I've Been Here Awhile

Good thinking on the DNS.... I will check that later qhen I am home. 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I had this same problem with my MSN.COM e-mail for the past few days.    Hotmail.com was not affected by whatever this problem was.

My problem was limited to web access for Microsoft e-mail/calendar/people and ONedrive.    Whenever I tried to log on I just got the spinning wheel and nothing happened after that.   I was able to access my e-mail thru Outlook 2007 thick client and also thru Windows 8/8.1 MAIL/CALENDAR/PEOPLE METRO app.

I too tried to use Google DNS vs Rogers to see if it helped but it did not make a difference so it was not a DNS issue.

I opened a support ticket on the microsoft web site 3 days ago and it took a while to get a response and the Microsoft tech asked me to do a trace of my login issues with a utility i had to download the sent the the results.   Sometime today the problem went away and am back to normal.