online game stopped working.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

online game stopped working.

I play an online mmorpg type game and it just stopped working recently. I can take my computer to someone else's home and it will work fine. Does anyone know how to configure the DPC3825 modem to allow a flash based game to work. I tried calling rogers tech support that was kind of futile.

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: online game stopped working.

The modem shouldn't need any special config. at all to run a game (and especially a flash based game).

Are you getting any errors? And if so, what errors are you getting?

Although I am a Rogers employee, comments expressed are my own and do not represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. I am not speaking on behalf of the company.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I do realize that a modem/router should not need special configuration or just stop allowing this game to work. However every computer in the house stopped being able to play the game at the exact same time and only gives script errors when trying to launch it. I can test flash ok when going to adobe website or play other flash based games. I can even take my computer to another location and the game will work, just not at home.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Script errors aren't related to internet connection at all. I would recommend updating your browser and flash, as well as maybe visiting the site for your game, they may have some additional troubleshooting tips as well (maybe the game was built using an older version of flash, and isn't compatible with a new version hence the script errors. I'm only speculating when i say that though...)
Although I am a Rogers employee, comments expressed are my own and do not represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. I am not speaking on behalf of the company.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

True, but I can take the computer to someone else's home and it will work fine. All the computers in my house lost the ability to play the game at the exact smae time. The company that made the game ran out of suggestions to fix the error. I also tried with the latest version of flash etc, update drivers/internet browsers.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

To be frank, I'm at a loss. There's no reason why it should work at one location and not another solely based on internet provider or equipment. Do you know who you're friends ISP is? (again not that it should matter).

What is the exact script error? Maybe I can figure it out from that
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My neighbour uses bell for internet. Funny thing is this has been happening for awhile and everyone cannot figure it out. I am not sure how to insert images. Bascally anything loading from netmarble.com will not load correctly, doesn't even tell me the server time at home. 😞

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Been thinking on this one.. and the ONLY thing i could think.. would be, maybe a ROUTING issue?

To get from A to Z (client to server), it has to take a path, with X many nodes inbetween.

The path, that rogers takes, vs another ISP.. might be different.

THere could be a node down inbetween somewhere, etc..

Are you able to get the server address for the game? Not the website necessarily, but the address of the server itself that runs the game, etc?
We could try a tracert and see if anything weird comes up.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am pretty much convinced it is some sort of routing issue.The exact message of the error is:

http://station.netmarble.com/js/Common/comn_v2.asp
Syntax error
Line: 31
Char:9

Same error appears on winxp/vista/win7, regardless of browser or flash/java version etc.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I dont know if you can get in touch with that games maker, to get an address that the app is trying to contact.. so you can do some routes on it.