number of rings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: number of rings

I can't understand why people writing software for the cell system won't allow users to choose the number of rings before voicemail cuts in. It makes about as much sense as not letting you use your own name on your account :-(  How can this be acceptable when many people (myself included) have difficulty picking up the phone, then answering it in 20 seconds or less?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hello, the Rogers Network "IS CAPABLE" of this, but the engineers have chosen to use a script to enable voicemail which is not compatible with this code. they can easily change it, heck i can give them the script to use, but they wont, as to why? i have no idea maybe Social Media reps can chime in since they have more inside info than a non-employee such as myself.

I've Been Around

Other networks allow users to key in a code to change the number of rings. Rogers needs to do the same. I don't have a landline and I'm always running and missing calls if the phones not in the same room with me. It's ridiculous.

I've Been Around

Try this, it working for me: 

Enter *94 . After 3 beeps, enter the number of times you want the phone to

ring before taking messages (0 to 9).

I've Been Around

Just got done emailing the support staff and they stated they can't help me the *94 solution doesn't work for me and when I mentioned it to the staff they typed back that it was impossible to change the number of rings prior to voicemail on any cell phone.  Just wondering if we could start a petition to get this option available (it sure would be nice for me to get a couple extra rings).  Seems kind of wierd to me to limit this feature.

I've Been Around

Baffling! Just being sent over to tech support with Rogers and...verified that as of 2014-08-01 still can't do this on Rogers. It's "network defined" at 20 seconds. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I would like controlling voice mail rings added to Rogers cell phones.  It is pathetic that we should even have to ask.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Fido used to let it's customers change the # of rings before vm picked up but after being purchased by big brother red (rogers) they now set it to 4 rings just like rogers does. They must share the same switch or something

I've Been Around

This is REALLY inconvenient. As you other carriers allow this option. Why not Rogers?

I've Been Around

i just sent a complaint to rogers. you can do so by filling out this forum. Hopefully they'll see enough of these to help us increase the number of rings.
absolutely ridiculous!

https://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=contactUsShareAConcern