number of rings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

number of rings

I have a Samsung GT-B5310R.  Is there anyway I can set it to ring more than 4 times before going to voice mail?

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: number of rings

Sorry its not possible

The number of rings before the voicemail picked up is set by the switch and its fixed to 20 seconds / 4 rings.

cant be adjusted by your handset, sorry

I'm a Trusted Contributor

The number of rings (or more specifically the amount of time your phone rings before going to voicemail) cannot be controlled by you, as Pauly correctly stated, but it can be controlled by Rogers.  Most carriers, including Rogers, will allow a ringtone to be active for up to 30 seconds.  Unfortunately, the default time limit is usually set to 15 seconds.

No problem, just call Rogers and ask them to extend your ringtone time to 30 seconds.  Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

I went into my local Rogers store today and they were not able to help me.  I guess I will try the phone option.  I sometimes need more than 30 seconds to answer my phone.  Especially when I left it in my jacket and I can hear it, but I can't find it fast enough.

Rogers Employee WiseD
Rogers Employee

I can confirm that even if you call in to Rogers, the time/amount of rings cannot be changed. As mentioned it is a set time period that cannot be increased.

Cheers!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It can not be changed, DCF=20 is permanently set in the switch, CSRs can not change this, they would not even know how.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I concede on this point.  I knew it was a network-controlled feature as opposed to being in the user's control but apparently it cannot be changed, even by the network (Rogers) itself.  In response to my inquiry, Rogers had this to say:

"The amount of time before a call is routed to voicemail is standardized and cannot be changed on our
network. It is a network dependant feature, and is the same for every device."
Seems weird to me but I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong.  Smiley Wink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah unfortunately, i wish it could be changed.. i would set DCF=30 if I could.

I've Been Here Awhile

other networks allow you to change the time (rings) setting - solution is to switch from rogers - three rings is not long enough.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thereis a widely posted solution *61*1....................................*11*numsec# that apparentyl works for other carriers.

So I was wondering if this was just a Rogers restriction?

Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM

Topic Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 14 in conversation