note 5 64gb battery issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

note 5 64gb battery issue

First of all, sorry for openning a new topic about note 5 but I couldn't find one for battery life.

I got my phone 2 days ago, did back up some apps, phone contacts etc and got the latest ota update. Everything was fine until I went to sleep. I charged my phone to 100% and went to sleep around 11pm, when I woke up at 7 and checked my phone, the battery was down to 70%. Everything was off like gps, bluetooth, nfc, gesture except wifi was on. One more importing thing, my normal power saving mode was on all night, so how could this possible? 30% down in 8 hours without using it? During morning and afternoon with some light use (screen on only 20min) my battery drops to 48%. This is so frustrating and kind of unusable. Please can Rogers check it asap? I like this phone don't get me wrong but with this battery life, its a big no no.

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: note 5 64gb battery issue

Check your battery usage in the settings. Might have a Rogue app eating the battery.
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the reply Dx9. I didn't mention but actually I disabled all the built-in apps as many as possible last night already 😞 like Rogers NHL, Chrome, print out etc.
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

I thought the 'Note' series of phones had a poor battery life anyway? At least that's what I've heard.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @locksown2341

It all depends on usage and what OS it's running and such. Do remember not eveyone has the same battery issue. The only one I had a issue with was with the Note 2. All the other ones I had amazing battery life. Mind you i would also let my battery die out and recharge it from 0-100. I would also take care of my phone like many others would. Depends on thr background apps usage as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

Take a look in Settings > Battery. You can tap on Battery usage to see a list of what is draining your battery. If you go back to Settings > Battery you’ll also find an Abnormal battery usage section that should highlight anything that’s guzzling too much juice. If there’s a problematic app, then consider uninstalling it or restricting it.

also, battery recharging is even less of an issue, because the Galaxy Note 5 charges faster than previous Samsung phones. The Samsung's Fast Charging standard can fully replenish dead the battery in 1 hour and 20 minutes. Plug the same Note 5 in a normal USB charger and it takes 4 hours and 20 minutes.

I'm Here A Lot

@lockdown2341 not all of them at least. I had note 2 and 3 before and they could last all day easily with heavy usage, but this time its a real disappointment lol
I'm Here A Lot

Hi I had similar issues a month ago when I first got my note5 (with shipping sw). Rather than debugging it,I tried factory reset, Thwn reinstall everything, and the problem miraculously went away. I suspect there is something interesting in the shipping sw, I don't know what it is.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

There's also things in Android you need to check first. Make sure in WiFi settings your phone isn't scanning for Google. It's in advanced settings in WiFi. Turn off Google Location History also in Google Settings. When I got my Note battery wasn't too great. Took like 5 days and things settled down. Usually get over 5.5 hrs of screen time on a charge now
I'm Here A Lot

@GelBender I checked the battery usage and its the "Android system" causing the drain. I know its very hard to narrow down whats the problem thou. Also, I'm not sure if its the latest update or only the 64bg version, but it doesn't have the "abnormal battery usage" under battery anymore 😞