no service in BUFFALO, NY

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

no service in BUFFALO, NY

can anyone help me if they encounter the same problem, last week with cell phone. I was unable to call TORONTO, or receive calls . I reboot the phone but no luck.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: no service in BUFFALO, NY

Hello alocin

Are you a Rogers customer visiting Buffalo? If so the phone unlocked with a sim card or are you using a Rogers sim card?

If you are NOT a Rogers customer, you will need to contact the carrier you are with in the US and see what is going on. .
I Plan to Stick Around

Maybe put your carrier as Automatic? Maybe you accedendently put Rogers only? Or blacked roaming totally.. Which you would need need to contact Rogers to unblock.. There should be AT&T service in buffalo..
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Hockey821

Even if the carrier is Automatic, it still should connect you with ATT..My guess would be either there is a issue with the account not letting the user connect to ATT OR in the settings, they have only picked Rogers.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, that's what I was trying to say.. Because the moment your cross the border or when your close to it it should day SEARCHING... then you would see AT&T..
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Hockey821

That is correct. Hopefully the OP comes back and lets know.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

yeah and in the event it does not automatically select the usa carrier, you can simply go into network scan choose manual network scan and select a us carrier from the list, ie: at&t, cingular, t mobile, verizon, sprint, etc. and the phone should force itself on the carrier provided there is a roaming agreement in place