no service don't know why?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

no service don't know why?

hello, can anybody help me here pls. my phone just can't call nothing, it says no service don't know why?

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: no service don't know why?

No service, means that it can not talk to any of the towers.

This could be a number of things.

A ) assuming you are in an area with coverage?
B ) your account is ok? Its paid up, not canceled? If its pay as you go, there is money in there?

C ) Assuming all that is ok...you are down to PHONE or SIM CARD problem.  If the sim card is acting flakey, then it may not connect properly.  If you can go to a local rogers store, they should be able to help exchange your sim card for you.

Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

Hi @JoeMan ,

Welcome to the Community. I am sorry to hear you are having signal issues Smiley Sad .

This can be caused by either;

• Network issues
  • Not in our coverage area
  • Device or SIM card issue

Or as @Gdkitty pointed out, possibly an inactive account.

Have you tried switching the SIM card into another device to see if the problem persists? This is a good way to narrow down whether it is a device or SIM card issue.

Is this happening in a certain location? Try to see if you can access service in another location (main level of house or building) or area.

If you have tried these steps with no success I would advise you to visit your nearest Rogers corporate store or (if you have access to another phone) contact customer service 1 -888-764-3771 to have them look into your account.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the infor, it happens all the tie in one area! everytime I go!

Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

Hi @JoeMan , you are welcome.

Thank you for your reply. This seems like it may be an issue with that particular location.

I won’t have someone PM because it does not seem to be an issue with your account or device.

I would however ask you to verify if anyone else (such as friend or family member) with Rogers has this issue at the same location.

Please keep us posted as to what that outcome is.

Thanks again! Smiley Happy