new in Canada, brought my iPhones with me... will they work?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

new in Canada, brought my iPhones with me... will they work?

Hi!

I just moved to Canada (Montreal) and brought my iPhones with me, but I'm not sure if they would work here.

The first one is an iPhone 3GS I bought while living in Spain. My original carrier there was Movistar, and it is currently unlocked (I've tested it with other SIM cards and I can confirm it is correctly unlocked). The other one is an iPhone 4, bought while living in the U.S. (my carrier there was AT&T). It is in the process of being unlocked as we speak.

So... I am fairly sure (but I'd appreciate a confirmation) that since both Rogers and AT&T are GSM carriers the iPhone 4 should work fine. I'm not sure about the 3GS, though... as far as I know carriers in Europe are GSM, so it should work... right? And most importantly, would we be able to get 3G speeds in both telephones? I'm not even thinking about faster speed since neither of these phones can handle that 😉

Thanks in advance!!!

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: new in Canada, brought my iPhones with me... will they work?

Hello titobcn

That is correct. Both phones should be able to get 3G speeds on the Rogers network. I have used US and European iPhones with Rogers and got EDGE and 3G network working just fine.:)
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: new in Canada, brought my iPhones with me... will they work?

thanks meowmix! that's good news...