netcomm 3g27wv-r

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

netcomm 3g27wv-r

why can i not have name display on phone service through netcomm 3g27wv-r rocket hub?according too the hub manufacturer in australia this hub supports that service, but according too rogers tech,it does not?

who is correct?

*** Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: netcomm 3g27wv-r

This question would be better asked in the wireless internet section.

I'm Here A Lot

how do i access the wireless internt section?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Someone has moved it down here already.

I am by far NOT an expert on the rockethubs.

Now.. these devices use a cellular phone connection.. which generaly differs from a home one.  Caller ID on a cell, by default, only will show the # and not the name... name display is different..  generaly most cells can have name display turned on.. but not always?

Only other thing i can think of.. is that it may not work on this device per say, properly.  While yes it coudl be turned on, it may not translate to the regular phones pluged in properly sort of thing?

I'm an Advisor

@george70:

your posting is in the correct section for your issue.

I have been using an Ericsson W35 RocketHub for a number of years.  It has always had a functioning call display.  It does, however display the phone number only, and not the name of the calling party in contrast to what one would see on a land line telephone.

I am not a Netcomm owner/user, so cannot comment on the capabilities of that device.  But I would first check out the documentation on the device.

Generally, most Rogers techs don't really know their stuff.  There are exceptions, but many of them seem to follow a fixed company-provided script in their troubleshooting and customer interaction.  This script attempts to transfer as much of the work and responsibility as possible to the customer and away from Rogers.

I suspect that the Netcomm manufacturer has infinitely more credibility on technical issues relating to their product than any given Rogers tech.  But a function like call display does depend on some telephony network-related stuff, so your problem could be related to something Rogers should be able to address/fix.

So, call them (Rogers tech support) again, and keep track of the Case No. for your problem until they resolve this issue and you get the functionality you are already paying dearly for.

skinorth

I'm Here A Lot

THANKS skinorth & gdkitty

I'm Here A Lot

That's odd. I also have an Erricsson W35 and the connected phone displays both number and name.

What it doesn't do BTW is allow calls to 211, 311 and 511 (fast busy signal results). According to tech support it is a known issue with the W35 and they will not correct it as the W35 is no longer supported. This is also odd, as I used to be able to call those numbers from that same device.

I'm Here A Lot

you missunderstood PLEASE read heading!

it is a netcomm 3g27wv-r NOT an ericsson w35

george70