netbox audio sync

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

netbox audio sync

I have Sony surround receiver hooked up to my netbox and the audio doesn't sync to the picture the audio is actually ahead of the picture. This is not an issue when watching DVD or Streaming video through my xbox. I am using HDMI to the TV and RCA jacks to the receiver. if anyone has any ideas??????

***Edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: netbox audio sync

Can you be more specific about the hook up? Are the RCAs you mention connected from the box or the audio out of the TV? Have you tried using digital connections to the receiver like you should since RCAs can only give you Pro Logic at best? If your receiver is new, have you tried playing with the audio sync setting? The sync issue is a common thing today with many different devices and most new receivers are quite good at handling it.
I've Been Here Awhile

the RCAs are conected to the netbox and it is an older sony receiver STR-K4800P that i can not find a sync setting on i haven had a chance yet to try any digital conections

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That was my thought. Sending the audio via the RCA, gives you only basic stereo. The sync issue could be from one being received/decoded before the other.
I had this with a cheapie surround sound, when I switched to my first LCD TV and started using hdmi.

Things to try.
Best thing if you can, I the Sony supports it, would be hdmi from Rogers into it, then hdmi out to TV.
Next best choice would be hdmi right to the TV, and optical audio from Rogers to the Sony.
3rd thing to try, if the TV itself has an audio out, connect it there to the Sony.