netbox 3.0 random freezing at least 3 times daily

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

netbox 3.0 random freezing at least 3 times daily

Hi; My family has noticed lately that my netbox 3.0 is randomly freezing at least 3 times daily. Each and every time, I've had to uplug and re-boot the reciever, this has only started about two weeks ago is it software related? It's a rental, and is about two years old. Ideas, suggestions?

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: netbox 3.0 random freezing at least 3 times daily

Hi @jlogicbud

Thanks for posting on t he Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Have you tried swapping your digital box? Have you tried the digital box on another outlet?

Let us know and we can further assist.

@RogersPrasana

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello,

Yes, I've tried different outlets, thinking it could be an outlet, I've even swapping out the cable to see if it's a bad cable. I've talked to my family and it appears that the freezing happens most when they use the PVR playback function or when they're actually using the navigatr options.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Very interesting.

Over the last week or two.. my Nextbox 3.0 has been having the same issues.

Where PVR playback will have issues.   Live TV seems fine.
PVR playback, seems to only be on select recordings.  Some are OK.
Others will freeze durring playback.  Usually at the same spot in the recording.

I have done a factory reset on the unit. (so wiped everything, etc).
While it doesnt seem to completely lock up 100% now.. it still is having freezing durring recordings.

While i initially thought it was a hard drive failure..  Perhaps this is a yet unknown random bug in the current firmware?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, at least I'm not the only one, hopefully the powers that be can address this. Drive failure was one possibility; but, my initial guess was disk fragmentation. Guess we wait and see.