netbox 2 remote appears locked

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
byteme
I Plan to Stick Around

netbox 2 remote appears locked

I was trying to access the volume control on the box via remote and now i cant get to the menu i cant change channels or volume is there a way to reset this totally ??? Thanks in advance

***Edited labels***

mousetamer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: netbox 2 remote appears locked

First try pressing the white CBL button on your remote to see if that fixes the problem. It should blink red when you hit it. If it does not, change the batteries.
Second, if that doesn't fix the problem, just reboot the box by unplugging it for a few seconds. Let it reboot and don't touch it until the red "loading" bar on the bottom of the TV screen goes away.
byteme
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks but that did not fix the remote issue Ive tried another set of batteries but stil no change almost like the remote is not responding or as I posted "locked" I can change channels from the fron t of the Netbox but who wants to do this I just got the box yesterday after I was goig to cancel my service im thinking I should have ....

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

the problem may not be the NetBox, but might be the actual remote control itself, you can reset the remote control by following the instructions in the instruction guide for the remote control, if not, simply take the remote to a rogers store and have it exchanged for another remote

byteme
I Plan to Stick Around

That was already a consideration but i dont want to drive across the city in this heat for a remote that may be the problem Ive reset the remote and stil cant access the HD box ....

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

so try the reset code first. what code did u enter to reset it?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

did u change the remote to control a non-cisco STB? you can actually if u are not carefull program the code on the remote to control a dfferent stb like a GE or Gerold or sat receiver, try programming the Cable to the code 0001 or read the manual, these remote is very powerfull, and the codes in the manual can pretty much control the remote to any of your liking.

byteme
I Plan to Stick Around

I thought heck il cal tech now that was funny the guy says let me test the box .... I cant see any response from it even though it is working manually you will need to return the new box or we can send out a truck only thing is its sunday and I want to watch some tv I  knew it was a mistake staying with them .IM resetting the box and wil try you rsuggestion with 0001 Ive been through the manual thanks for trying but I think the only resolve is to return it

byteme
I Plan to Stick Around

Ive tried the 0001 solution doesn't recognize it all the other codes in the book are 3 digits are you sure its 4 Pauly ? ,on another note the PVR is just sitting there now cycling .........what a piece of junk ..
Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

try programming the cable key to work with scientific atlanta cable box, they have several codes

1877, 0877, 0477, 0008, 0017.  do u need the instructions to program the remote? or do u have them?  im assuming u have the instruction booklet