myrogers account balance error.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

myrogers account balance error.

when i go to pay my bills online my balance is always some absurd balance. it's saying i owe close to 900$, which is ridiculous. i pay my bills on time and my usage is within my plans. rogers online account system is horrible. when i go online to pay my bills i shouldnt have to sit there and try to make sense of my statements, the numbers dont make sense at all. the whole purpose of online payments is quick and simple account overview/payments. please fix this

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: myrogers account balance error.

Hi @lol514

Sorry to hear about the MyRogers issuesSmiley Sad

The system is not intended to be difficult, hopefully we can clarify things for you.

MyRogers pulls the information from our Billing System. If MyRogers was displaying an incorrect balance, we would need to forward that information off to our Back-end Team so they can fix it for you.

I apologize if you were never offered this option. Please let us know if you require further assistance, as I can have a member of our @CommunityHelps  team reach out to you.

RogersAsif

I've Been Here Awhile

I am getting the same problem! I always pay my bill every month! When I logged on my rogers account? I seen a crazy high amount that I owed, instead of my regular bill! I was shocked! and no reason for it either. I went over my billing, seen one of the errors, i gave rogers 2 payments, which on my bill, says thank-you for your payments, it shows both payments were recieved! yet, they only deducted one of my payments. then this month i log on my rogers account and seen that they over charged me again by $100 for no reason at all. I dont have rogers internet, only cell phone and cable, and i have data disabled, and never add any other extras on my billing, i always pay my bill in full, and now since march i have been overcharged twice, and I gave rogers the proof i was right, yet, they dont seem to understand simple match! In fact? A rogers employee emailed me my remaining balance as of march 25th,  which was correct, but my bill for april? was overcharged by $100 again this month! and now this same rogers employee keeps talking about past billing. i told her my past billing is fine, as i always paid it in full every month, but she trys to confuse things from past billings, making no sense at all. i told her, forget past billing, currect billing was $48, my normal billing per month is $88, that adds up to $136,  but they have me owing $250! I told them to correct my billing so i can pay it, because it will just get more confused if i pay like last time, they still have not corrected my billing for march,. and i paid them the extra they tagged on, then complained, and now they wont give me back my money, and once again are overcharging me a extra $100 on my billing again! I do not want to keep giving rogers extra free money that I dont owe! someone in rogers accounting cannot do simple match. I am still trying to correct this, i showed all the proof, it clearly shows i am correct and rogers overhcharged me. Now that I showed rogers the proof? they are telling me about all past billing, and making no sense at all. I am so frustrated! I just keep replying, heres the proof of my bill, heres the proof of the payments i made, add it up, and here is even rogers email telling me my balance as of march, and that is correct, now this employee is saying, but my billing was this amount, etc.. and the bill is correct. i said, yes, but i made 2 payments and it shows rogers got both of them, so you have to deduct a customers payments from their billing! its like im talking to a moron.  whoever is doing the billing for rogers customers? Is not adding correctly, and overcharging. And you would think if the customer goes through all the trouble to prove the billing is overcharged? they can correct it! but nope, still having same problem. Rogers needs to look into this, so good customers, who always pay their bills, do not get overcharged, and ignored. still waiting to have this problem solved, think i will have to take further action, because I am getting nowhere with Rogers.  They must be confusing my account with someone elses... all i know, is I keep getting overcharged for no reason, and Rogers doesnt help. And they will say call them, but all you get from them, is a explination that makes no sense at all!  they dont like to deal with simple facts, and proof that is right in front of them. how can a company keep overcharging and gety away with it?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You looked at the full detailed billing, just not the overview?
(line by line.. or even view the PDF version) to check every line..
Generally, they cant arbitrarily add $$ to it... it would show up on the bill as... SOMETHING.

Not trying to blame you.  Quite possibly is a rogers mistake, etc.. but it should show somewhere normally (in my experience)

I know the OVERVIEW (especially on the new site) doesnt always update.. and can take a few days to show payment), but when i went into the bill details, showed the right amount for me.

Hopefully someone from the CustomerCare team on the forums here, can get in conact with you.
They will often try to dig deeper and see if they can figure some stuff out.

Hopefully you can get it resolved.

I've Been Here Awhile

yes, I looked at the full details of the billing. Even the rogers employee from the presidents office sent me my current balance, and when i saw the large bill when i logged on my rogers account? I contacted the same person, and she said, something about past billing, and didnt make much sense! I said, this has nothing to do with past billing, as my bills are paid each month in full before their due dates. I only have 2 services with rogers, cable and one cell phone.  I reminded her, and showed her, her email telling me my balance as of march 25th, i also went over the bill with her, to prove i was overcharged by $100 for no reason, even though i was overcharged, i gave rogers 2 payments for march, because the billing changed within 2 days, thats when i seen i was charged a crazy high amount for one month, and was overcharged, and seen, its because my rogers bill shows i gave them 2 payments, it says thanks for the 2 payments, however, they only deducted ONE of my payments, and this bill? it still is not deducted, and once again, my bill is overcharged by $100. i dont know how rogers can think they can explain it in their favor, since a email was sent showing my current balance after my 2 payments, from a rogers employee from rogers presidents office. I am shocked all i have to go through because rogers cant do simple match.  I am not willing to just give rogers free money for no reason, and i really checked out the bill very good, to make sure of this mistake. my bill is pretty basic, since i only have cable and one cell phone, its always the same amount for each month. it all got screwed up because i purchased a one time for a month $70 long distance package. i keep within my minutes allowed. but still i was charged almost $200 for saying i went over the minutes by 67 mins. i asked for the bill to show talk times, and seen many calls showed up, when i know my cell was not even turned on, because the date and time of these calls? i was at my sons wedding in cuba, and my phone was turned off! i also do not have data, because that is disabled.  no clue why it shows all these extra minutes.... thats when things started to go wrong.  i still paid my bill, and was told by email, i still owed another $48.57 as of march 25.  I reminded rogers that i was over charged, showed them the proof, but still i am getting nowhere, so now this months bill should of been $136, instead it says i owe $250! once again, another big error on my bill, and impossible for it to be $245, when all i owed was $48.57 and my monthy bill is only $88.12 that adds up to $136.69, not over $245.  even the rogers employee admits my balance was $48.57 from march, and my april bill is $88.12, ok, so that adds up to $136.69,  how do they say i owe $245? makes zero sense, and rogers employee keeps talking about past billing... which i reminded her, past billing has nothing to do with this, all past billings were paid each month, and in full, and before due date! besides, it all comes down to, my balance was only $48.57 in march, this was confirmed by rogers employee, and said this amount online, my regular bill, which again, the roger employee confirmed for april is $88.12, so add these up? and yup, it adds up to $136.69, so why does it say $245? no extras were added, amounts were confirmed by rogers employee, yet they cant correct it? This really boggles my mind. its simple match.  I went over every charge, payments that were made, etc... its a matter of just adding... this is a rogers error and i have proved it, yet this one employee does not seem to understand math.  I am now having someone else look after this problem. im sure it will be solved, since it is pretty clear on the amounts, and makes no sense why this months bill is a little over a $100 more.  also hoping to get back my $121 i gave to rogers, because i was overcharged in march also.  What I thought would be a simple thing to clear up, has become a headache, and no clue why....

Good afternoon @derekb777,

Thank you for your detailed account of events.

We surely want to look into this further and help you resolve this situation.

On what date did you speak with the Office of the President Advisor?

Did that person leave you their contact information? 

They normally leave a contact number or email address in case you need to discuss the same situation.

It might be ideal to speak with this person as they are already aware of the situation.

Did you receive credits or adjustment since March?

If there were charges reversed from your March invoice they might only appear on the following bills.

Although we appreciate that you provided us with several details on the situation, we might have to obtain your account information to look into this further. Let us know if you indeed require further assistance.

RogersMaude

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I understand this is frustrating for you.

I recomend reaching out to @RogersMaude for her to help look into things.

(and just something to help in future times you post... makes it 100% more easier to read by somone else to get the dates, and other information... is to break out your post.  It doesnt have to be one continual ongoing line.  Break it up into paragraphs, etc.  It makes it A LOT easier to read and sort out the information 🙂 )

I've Been Here Awhile

I had seen, someone's roger account shows on other people's roger account. This is a privacy violation. End up, no one care about it. All they said, we will take care of it.

Good evening @derekb777,

Has the issue been resolved since your original post?

Let the Community know by providing us with updates on the situation! 

RogersMaude

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation