my iphone3g stopped sending and receiving texts from one friend

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

my iphone3g stopped sending and receiving texts from one friend

2 nights ago, my  iphone3g stopped receiving and sending messages to one friend for no reason.. ive been told that you cannot block a number with a iphone3.. but i am technically challenged and one minute my friend and i were texting away and then all we both get to send to each other now is message fail...  its driving me insane.. i have been to the rogers store and they had never seen my problem with a iphone3 before.. online support tried to get me to remove the battery... so i asked her .. how am i suppose to do that with an iphone3?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: my iphone3g stopped sending and receiving texts from one friend

If restarting the phone does not work try

Press and hold the Home button (big circle below the screen) and the Sleep/Wake button (on top of the iPhone) simultaneously and continue holding until device restarts and you see the apple logo.

If the above reset does not work see below.

The technicians will require more information.

• Are others able to send and recieve texts(SMS) to your device? it may not be you or your device.
  • Is the other person able to send recieve SMS from others? Note: the problem may be on his end ... track when and where.
  • Is it all the time or a particular time & place? Please track when and where.
  • Test your sim in a different iphone or phone? if sim works in a different phone - backup device restore as new and do a selective backup. google iphone selective restore.
  • Does it work with imessage off? it may be a problem with imessage call apple.
  • Do you have rogers one number? check call block settings/
  • Do you have firewall or call blocking enabled on rogers one number or device?
  • Worst case backup device then restore as new through itunes on a computer then test device before restoring ....
    1. if it works do selective restore and do not restore any settings then start with contacts then emails then sms/mms etc
    2. If it still does not work then contact rogers or apple with details when, where, phone# affected,. They will need examples for tracing
    3. Have other user do all the above as well substituting rogers for their provider.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Best thing i can sugest, would be a factory reset on the phone.. but that will wipe everything.. will have to re load all the apps, songs, etc.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

If restarting the phone does not work try

Press and hold the Home button (big circle below the screen) and the Sleep/Wake button (on top of the iPhone) simultaneously and continue holding until device restarts and you see the apple logo.

If the above reset does not work see below.

The technicians will require more information.

• Are others able to send and recieve texts(SMS) to your device? it may not be you or your device.
  • Is the other person able to send recieve SMS from others? Note: the problem may be on his end ... track when and where.
  • Is it all the time or a particular time & place? Please track when and where.
  • Test your sim in a different iphone or phone? if sim works in a different phone - backup device restore as new and do a selective backup. google iphone selective restore.
  • Does it work with imessage off? it may be a problem with imessage call apple.
  • Do you have rogers one number? check call block settings/
  • Do you have firewall or call blocking enabled on rogers one number or device?
  • Worst case backup device then restore as new through itunes on a computer then test device before restoring ....
    1. if it works do selective restore and do not restore any settings then start with contacts then emails then sms/mms etc
    2. If it still does not work then contact rogers or apple with details when, where, phone# affected,. They will need examples for tracing
    3. Have other user do all the above as well substituting rogers for their provider.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post