my guide & manage my pvr missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

If they're catering to smart phone users its a bad job, because anyone with an updated Android can't access their PVR too because the apps been broken for months since lollipop came out.

I was using the web now can't.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@boulevardier wrote:

Programming future recordings, especially those that are several days in the future, via the NextBox PVR built-in functions is a real pain in the tukus.

It was much easier with the much loved but now deleted PC browser based MYGuide.

Smartphone apps are ok for some people but not for me:

a) I don't use a smart phone

and even if I did 

b) the screen is very tiny and the guide is extremely hard to read especially for a visually average baby boomer

I repeat:

It was much easier to setup PVR recordings with the much loved but now deleted PC browser based MYGuide.

If I forgot to setup a recording in the past and remembered this oversight at the cottage it was easy to remotely manage my PVR with MyGuide. However this weekend I'll be out of luck for the first time in many years. #CryInMyBeer

#ForTheLoveOfGodBringBackMyGuide

You are 100% correct and make a number of great points. Somehow, we are not getting through to Rogers. Either that, or they have just stopped listening to us. I do not want to use my phone either. I agree with you that the screen is much too small. Even if I did consider using my phone, it is an Android phone and with the latest Lollipop update, you can no longer use it either - another thing that Rogers is lagging behind on. 

Like you, we rely on using the ability to manage our PVR when we are away - though MyRogers. Knowing Rogers like I do, this will still not be fixed when we head to Florida in 2016 - and this is pretty pathetic!

Please Rogers - give us an update on this issue!

I Plan to Stick Around

I've been posting on the the Rogers' Facebook Page. I just posted a link to this Thread and received this reply:

"Hi Bruce, sorry for the inconvenience. You won’t be able to access these functionalities elsewhere, besides your digital cable box for now. We are constantly upgrading our systems and tools for an improved, long term customer experience. These features will be available on desktop once the PVR enhancements are complete"

As I repied to the rep, this is the third or fourth "explanation" I've gotten from Facebook, this Forum and Live Chat.

Hopefully, sometime - preferrably in my lifetime - there will be a resolution to this and we can again see our TV Guide and program our PVRs on our computers, just like we used to be able to do  <sigh>

And I just received this to my reply:

"I do apologise for the conflicting information, however, I am completely confident in the information I have given to you. I hope you have a great weekend and please don't hesitate to reach out to us here if you have any questions or concerns. "

Time - probably lots of it - will tell.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@the_Weed wrote:

I've been posting on the the Rogers' Facebook Page. I just posted a link to this Thread and received this reply:

"Hi Bruce, sorry for the inconvenience. You won’t be able to access these functionalities elsewhere, besides your digital cable box for now. We are constantly upgrading our systems and tools for an improved, long term customer experience. These features will be available on desktop once the PVR enhancements are complete"

So, by "These features will be available on desktop once the PVR enhancements are complete" I take it to mean not until after the Nextbox 3.0 has been completely debugged. Folks, we may be in for a long wait.

The problem here is that PVR control from our desktop computers wasn't broken, but they broke it when they revamped the website. The NB3 was broken from the beginning. Breaking one thing won't fix another.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

@the_Weed wrote:

As I repied to the rep, this is the third or fourth "explanation" I've gotten from Facebook, this Forum and Live Chat.

Hopefully, sometime - preferrably in my lifetime - there will be a resolution to this and we can again see our TV Guide and program our PVRs on our computers, just like we used to be able to do  <sigh>

I searched high and dry for your post and did not find it. Perhaps Rogers deleted it! They have a habit of doing that! Smiley Wink The comment was really telling though: "We are constantly upgrading our systems and tools for an improved, long term customer experience. These features will be available on desktop once the PVR enhancements are complete." First of all, if they are talking about NB3, this has now been out for close to 2 years and if it has not been enhanced by now, it never will be! I also fail to understand how upgrading your system results in a downgrade to customer experience!

@OLDYELLR wrote:

So, by "These features will be available on desktop once the PVR enhancements are complete" I take it to mean not until after the Nextbox 3.0 has been completely debugged. Folks, we may be in for a long wait.

The problem here is that PVR control from our desktop computers wasn't broken, but they broke it when they revamped the website. The NB3 was broken from the beginning. Breaking one thing won't fix another.

Exactly! Is there anything that Rogers does not break?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Roger's has updated their website and I can't find where they moved the online guide for the NextBox went to. The one that allowed me to connect to and setup my boxes from my laptop

I'm a Senior Advisor

They moved it to a trash folder somewhere.

Its not in MyRogers anymore, and nobody will say when it'll be back, if ever.

@DragonsOfWine wrote:

Roger's has updated their website and I can't find where they moved the online guide for the NextBox went to. The one that allowed me to connect to and setup my boxes from my laptop

I suggest you read this thread from the beginning. It is an issue that has now been going on for more than a month with no resolution in sight. As Lurker has suggested, no one from Rogers will comment on this thread any more. Earlier in the thread, they at least acknowledged the issue. Their silence now is definitely deafening!

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Great - the one good feature they had and we can't use it.

Nope! Judging by the lack of repsonse from Rogers now, they don't care either!

Here's the thing though. We travel a lot, sometimes a month or more out of town. You can only view the guide one week in advance so you cannot program everything you would like to before you go away. We use computers, not tablets. We do not have an iPhone. We use Android phones and the app does not work on the latest version (Lollipop). Even if it did, who in their right mind wants to scroll through the guide on a 4" screen? The fact that Rogers can never get their act together is very disappointing!